Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got myself a Deda Blackstick seatpost. No complaints on the weight - 156g, but adjusting the saddle angle seems to be a big problem. The steps between each notch seem really big. Anybody got any tips or is this just poor design?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hmm

I have a Deda blackstick seatpost and i have had no problem making adjustments. the serations on the seatpost where the head lays are pretty small and I have no problem getting my seat to sit exactly how I want it. Im wondering what is different with your post or why you cant get the seat at the right angle. ??????

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well doesn't work for me

roadboy said:
I have a Deda blackstick seatpost and i have had no problem making adjustments. the serations on the seatpost where the head lays are pretty small and I have no problem getting my seat to sit exactly how I want it. Im wondering what is different with your post or why you cant get the seat at the right angle. ??????
The jump between two serations is at least a couple of degrees which is way too much. You must be lucky that one of them fits you exactly. I'm using a Fizik Arione and the angle needs to be just right.

·
Registered
491 Posts
must be, Im using a selle concor ti saddle, and the angle is great. Plus the jump between serations might affect other saddles differently, to bad is doesn't work cause it's an awesome seatpost

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
poor design...

IMO, just about all single bolt posts that rely on serrations for angle adjustment are lame. I'd never buy one again. I use only 2-bolt models like the ITM/Selcof, FSA K-force or Thomson. Any of these can be dialed in perfectly.

Another poor design is the single bolt type that uses a single side clamp bolt. There's no limit to the angle adjustment, but also no way to make fine adjustments. If the clamp bolt is loosened for a simple fore/aft adjustement, the saddle if free to tilt up or down. Really bad for any on the road changes.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I got lucky

I've got a knockoff of that post and I just got plain lucky. One of the serrations worked nearly perfect for the angle I needed. Just one serration different and I'm off by several degrees. I agree, it's a really stupid design and I won't be a return customer when it comes time for a new post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts