Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
rock n rolling resistance
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear plastic eyewear frames can be adjusted/manipulated after heating them... mainly in hot sand (supposedly opticians use this method) but some say in hot salt or even hairdryer and hot tap water.

I have a number of ill-fitting sunglasses (slides down from vibration, sweat, grease). With my big round noggins makes it hard to find glasses that fit securely. Just little bit of bend here and there I'd have some perfectly fitting nice sunglasses. Has any of you actually tried this or know how to do it?

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I prefer hot water - heat in microwave and let the part of the frame sit in the water for about 30 seconds and then gently bend it the way you want. There is a limit to how much you can do but it will definitely improve fit a noticeable amount.

·
rock n rolling resistance
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm gonna try this out with Performance pair first then move up to Tifosi, Smith then Rudys.

Is this safe to try on good sunglasses?

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
6was9 said:
I'm gonna try this out with Performance pair first then move up to Tifosi, Smith then Rudys.

Is this safe to try on good sunglasses?
If you know what you're doing, yes. I do it all the time in clinic on regular glasses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.