Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
aka Zonic Man
593 Posts
Doug, come up here and get your knees looked at/examined by Dr. Testa and Dr. Heiden at the UCD sports performance clinic.

They are arguably the most knowledgable cycling surgeons in the world, and only 3 hours away.

Plan an entire day on it, get the tests/bike fits/exams at the clinic. In most cases, insurance will cover it.

Seriously, you'll thank me later. PM me if you get it going, we can go for a quick ride/have lunch.

·
aka Zonic Man
593 Posts
DougSloan said:
I emailed Fred Matheny. I'll forward the response when I get one.

Good idea about the Heiden guys. They certainly ought to be able to tell me what I need to know. I'll start with my local doc, and go to them if I'm not satisfied.

Thanks.

doug
Doug, the UCD guys are the real thing. Max Testa is the former team doctor for motorola, mapei, and now coaches 3 members of Fassa.

If you go to his office you're bound to run into Tyler, Levi, Shonny, Gina Hall, Alison Dunlap, or any number of US pros....most all the big names go see him, especially during this season for "tune ups".

Not only is he the best general practitioner I've ever been to (my "physical" was over 4 hours, and he even walked me over to the blood center personally to show me where it was), he's a sports orthopedist (licensed and certified). AND a cycling doctor and coach to all the boys.

Trust me, the stories from the peleton are more than enough to keep you there.

http://www.athleticamps.com/whoweare.html#staff_massimotesta

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.