Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone have any experience in installing campy record BBs? i had to order a new one after i committed an amateur mechanics mistake of not making sure my old campy BB was flush when i reinstalled it after cleaning out the muck out of my BB shell, which by the way doesn't have a drain whole like Campy suggests. My frame is steel and the threads on the BB shell are italian if that helps anyone in responding. I have all the necessary tools (Tapping and facings tools, etc.) at my disposal, just don't have anyone around my territory that i can trust to do the work. i might as well learn to do it myself while i have the opportunity, but i am not about to stuff another Campy BB in the trash after installing it wrong again. thanks for the input, if you have any.
David

·
Registered
413 Posts
Park Tool Installation Guide

Gibralter00 said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone have any experience in installing campy record BBs? i had to order a new one after i committed an amateur mechanics mistake of not making sure my old campy BB was flush when i reinstalled it after cleaning out the muck out of my BB shell, which by the way doesn't have a drain whole like Campy suggests. My frame is steel and the threads on the BB shell are italian if that helps anyone in responding. I have all the necessary tools (Tapping and facings tools, etc.) at my disposal, just don't have anyone around my territory that i can trust to do the work. i might as well learn to do it myself while i have the opportunity, but i am not about to stuff another Campy BB in the trash after installing it wrong again. thanks for the input, if you have any.
David
http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/FAQcartdg.shtml

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.