Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

A fellow rider in front of Me kicked up a branch or stick into My front wheel & it broke a nipple & bent a spoke. These are tubless wheels with no through hole to access the nipple. I found a distributor online (www.moruyabicycles.com)that caries alot of wheel parts for shimano, they list the nipple as not applicable. The wheel is a WH7900 C24 tl

Any & all help is much appreciated

·
Registered
902 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the great info Zen & nhlur,

My LBS cant get the spoke for 4-5 weeks per Shimano USA. on the web the only resources were from Australia & England. I ordered from England as their shipping was 1/2 as much as Australia. I will attempt to install & have My LBS true the wheel. nhlur the diagrams are great :) although My rear wheel does not have a nut on the hub end of the spoke & thats very curious to Me!

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I broke a spoke on a 7850SL front wheel which has a similar design. I hit a big pothole on a descent about 20 miles into a century ride. I finished the ride, though it was a bit sketchy as the wheel was too far out of true for the front brake to me much use. The replacement spoke came from Shimano USA within a week, and ended up buying a bunch in case of future issues. It was pretty easy to get the wheel true - I just tightened it up to the same tension as the others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.