Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this topic has already been discussed, please point me to the post.

I have just bought a TCR Composite. The finish is clear coat, but it has a few scuffs and a couple of small chips. Does anyone have any advice on polishing or buffing out the scuffs? and; how can I refinish the chips? Will clear epoxy be OK?

Thanks for any advice. Martin

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
nail polish....

The clearcoat is usually just paint, like a urethane. Clear nail polish will work for minor chips. Scratches of significant length might be a bit trickier. Just like your car's finish, you don't want to buff through the clear.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Pending on just how bad your scraches are, you may be able to buff them out with rubbing compound

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
Katz,

I got a chip in my clear coat on my Cristallo and I read your post about the auto visuals clear coat pen. How do you apply that stuff to make it smooth on the frame? Do you wet sand it or wax it afterward. I'm going to try this myself, so I am looking for all the advice I can get.

·
Registered
531 Posts
This stuff works great on automotive clear coat.......

fabsroman said:
Katz,

I got a chip in my clear coat on my Cristallo and I read your post about the auto visuals clear coat pen. How do you apply that stuff to make it smooth on the frame? Do you wet sand it or wax it afterward. I'm going to try this myself, so I am looking for all the advice I can get.
.........and it should work well on the bike too. The Blob Eliminator is the primary product you're after if you don't want to buy the complete chip repair kit. It's very easy, and you can't really screw anything up.

I fixed a big rock chip in the hood of my car with this stuff. You have to know where the chip was to find it.

http://www.langka.com/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts