Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Elite RBR Gold Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking to upgrade from my current wheelset, the Vuelta XRP Pros that came stock on my Bottecchia, and move to something more suitable for this coming season. I'll be riding Cat 4 doing criteriums and a lot of hilly road races and I'm considering the following:

'10 Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL (price/weight ratio ok and extended no fault 2 year warranty)
'10 Boyd Carbon Clincher 50mm (sturdy and generally top notch from what I hear)
'10 Reynolds Assault C (if I can find it for the right price)

Hoping to stay around that depth wheel (50mm) and to use a clincher and anything resembling Mavic's MP3 warranty would be great to hear about. Advice and thoughts appreciated. :) Let me know if I missed any info needed.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
get Reynolds at probikekit - there's usually a code for an additional 10-15% off, no tax, free shipping. If you want deeper, they have the Strike for a good price (at 66mm it's still lighter than the Mavics)

·
Elite RBR Gold Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip.

After taking a look I narrowed it down between the Boyd's 58mm (instead of the 50mm) and probably the Assaults.

Just waiting to hear back from Boyd's about my questions and then I'll figure it out from there. Turns out they're very comparable wheelsets imo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts