Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I own a steel singlespeed Kona Unit and a steel fixed Kona Paddy Wagon. This has worked fine for me before, but I'm getting into riding longer distances and want to try racing. Doing morning group rides and getting dropped on the downhills because my legs can't spin fast enough is no fun. The shop I wrench at sells Scott, Orbea, Kona, Fuji, Rocky Mountain, Bianchi, and Marin to name a few (Plus Guru and Litespeed, but those are a little pricy). My budget is around the $2k mark. So far I've been interested in the Bianchi 928 Carbon and Orbea Onix. Any advice on the best bang for my buck?

· Registered
2,838 Posts
lucer0 said:
So I own a steel singlespeed Kona Unit and a steel fixed Kona Paddy Wagon. This has worked fine for me before, but I'm getting into riding longer distances and want to try racing. Doing morning group rides and getting dropped on the downhills because my legs can't spin fast enough is no fun. The shop I wrench at sells Scott, Orbea, Kona, Fuji, Rocky Mountain, Bianchi, and Marin to name a few (Plus Guru and Litespeed, but those are a little pricy). My budget is around the $2k mark. So far I've been interested in the Bianchi 928 Carbon and Orbea Onix. Any advice on the best bang for my buck?
You work at a bike shop- get the one with the best pro deal, or just the one you think is the coolest. They are all fine bikes.

· Registered
988 Posts
Bang for buck is the ones on closeouts at the end of the season - perhaps take the demo bikes (if any) out for rides in advance to see how you feel about each one paying attention to wheel/tire set up as that can have a huge influence on ride characteristics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.