Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
It's in the game!
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our club is setting up a weekly or monthly crit races and I was wondering if any of you could share some advice on setting this up along with some of your experience. Format, classes, distances, etc. Thanks

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Ours...

dagger said:
Our club is setting up a weekly or monthly crit races and I was wondering if any of you could share some advice on setting this up along with some of your experience. Format, classes, distances, etc. Thanks
In ours we run A. B, and C classes. C is normally cat. 5 guys and cat. 4 women with maybe a mix of some lesser experienced cat. 4 guys. B is normally cat. 4 guys with cat. 3 in there, along with cat. 2 and 3 women. A is normally pro 1-2 for the guys, and pro 1-2 women. We run mixed races.

We use a small oval stock car track that way, there are lights, and there are no cars. Sort of boring, but yet sort of fun.

When doing this, find out if you need to have it licensed through USCF or other local racing affiliates. Most of the training crits I've done you need a license. Also, there should be a small entry fee, normally the ones I've seen are 10-15 dollars, and it goes towards a small payout, and other "fees" (pins, numbers, stuff like that). If running on an open road, make sure you heavily enforce the center line rule, someone strays over, they get yanked.

Other than that, just run it like you would run a small and short race.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts