Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please help new guy

Hey all, I'm new to this forum and was wondering if you could give me a bit of advise. I want to upgrade to a more comfortable faster bike. I am rideing 20-60 miles a day on an specialized allez...aluminum frame 58cm...which is too big ( I'm 5'11) on country rouds here in reaford nc... I was wondering what bikes people recommend...I have been looking at trek 5200-5500 used bikes and Specialized Rouboaix ....I was wondering what smaller companies that are out there with models in the smae price and performance range.

I also did some measureing and calculating and have come up with the following dimensions for a frame; about a 55 seat tube c-c and top tube about 54 cm this translates (at least in trek terms) to a 54cm frame..that seems tiny! is that correct?
any and all help is appreciated.
thanks.
jay

·
Premium Member
15,996 Posts
Sounds small. Most riders your size ride a 56cm "traditional" frame, which might well be a 58 trek / fuji.

Lots of qualified fitters exist if you don't know quite what you need, but those "calculators" that are numbers without a human are tough to use right -- I know several have used 'em and come out well, but others get whacko stuff. Must be hard to measure right...

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,801 Posts
Argentius said:
Sounds small. Most riders your size ride a 56cm "traditional" frame, which might well be a 58 trek / fuji.

Lots of qualified fitters exist if you don't know quite what you need, but those "calculators" that are numbers without a human are tough to use right -- I know several have used 'em and come out well, but others get whacko stuff. Must be hard to measure right...

Agreed, I'm about 3/4" taller than you, and I ride a 57-58 road, and 56 cross bikes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.