Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand of Aero bar clip-ons seem to offer the most hand positions. I would like to try and keep the position on top of the permanent handlebars available if possible. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks, Carl.

·
Kant phuckin sphell
650 Posts
The little flip up ones

jaxpaw said:
What brand of Aero bar clip-ons seem to offer the most hand positions. I would like to try and keep the position on top of the permanent handlebars available if possible. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks, Carl.
they make ones that flip up when not in use.
I do not know what the name is but any of the major places will have them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
the bull said:
they make ones that flip up when not in use.
I do not know what the name is but any of the major places will have them.
They are made by profile design. Airstryke, I believe. They do allow you to use the tops of your bars. The drawback to these bars are 1) they rattle alot on rough roads and 2) they wear out at the pivots. I had a set and liked the flip up feature, but had to replace the hardware where it pivots because it broke. The second set of hardware wore to the point that my right elbow was 1 inch lower than the left. On the bright side Profile does stand behind their stuff and you can buy the replacement hardware for around $20. I did make the switch to syntace clip ons and am very happy with them even though they don't flip up. I find that I very seldom use the tops of my bars anyhow. Good luck.

·
Kant phuckin sphell
650 Posts
Yep thats them

Swift65 said:
They are made by profile design. Airstryke, I believe. They do allow you to use the tops of your bars. The drawback to these bars are 1) they rattle alot on rough roads and 2) they wear out at the pivots. I had a set and liked the flip up feature, but had to replace the hardware where it pivots because it broke. The second set of hardware wore to the point that my right elbow was 1 inch lower than the left. On the bright side Profile does stand behind their stuff and you can buy the replacement hardware for around $20. I did make the switch to syntace clip ons and am very happy with them even though they don't flip up. I find that I very seldom use the tops of my bars anyhow. Good luck.
now that you said it the bell is rung.

They seemed very well built, I never used them that much just in a TT a couple of times.

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
You can get parts.

You can get the "flip up" brackets from Profile. That way you can add the feature to any aero bar you choose. They are nice. I use them with a Vision aero base and Hed S-bend extensions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts