Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a herniated disk in my lower back that i am mostly recovered from and the other day my physical therapist mentions to me that i might consider getting aero bars for my bike as they would take some of the strain off of my lower back. I know that this could depend on the setup of the aero bars and what bars a i have, but in a general sense does anybody find that their aero bars relax their back, or that their back feels better when in the aero position? Any others have experience with back pain and aero bars?

Thanks for your help,
Bilydu

edit: this edit also appears in a post below in response to dfleck,

my back pain (herniated disk) was not caused by riding my bike and the act of riding my bike does not cause me any discomfort in my back. My PT simply wants to lower the stress on my back in general, on and off the bike, to help my back heal. again, i have no problems with my back on my bike. Thus the question still stands, does an aero bar let one's back relax, or take a good amount of weight off the back?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just to clarify. . . . .

my back pain (herniated disk) was not caused by riding my bike and the act of riding my bike does not cause me any discomfort in my back. My PT simply wants to lower the stress on my back in general, on and off the bike, to help my back heal. again, i have no problems with my back on my bike. Thus the question still stands, does an aero bar let one's back relax, or take a good amount of weight off the back?

thanks
bilydu

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.