Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Daylight Fading
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As intimated on the roller thread below, it appears that some of us use aero bars on rollers. I have never done this. Never tried standing either. I'm fairly proficient on my rollers, but I'm curious how difficult you all found it try the aero option. I'm intrigued, because like many, I'm looking for something to mix up the tedium of it all.

Thoughts?

BT

·
I Type, Therefore I Am
107 Posts
It's like anything else. . .

Try it a little at a time. I think I would move one arm onto the aero bars and keep the other hand in the drops for control, then alternate. Eventually bringing the other hand up into the bars took a little bravery at first, but once it was there I adapted quickly. I ride a lot in the aero bars on the road too, so I am used to the position. I feel I have good balance when I am in the bars. I certainly don't think I would introduce myself to aero bars on the rollers, but since they are already on my bike it just seemed natural to try it out.

Maybe it's just luck, but I have never fallen to the ground off the rollers. The most that happens to me if a wheel goes off the side is the bike stops and I am standing there (after quickly unclipping) holding the bike.

·
Ya, what ATP said...!
2,140 Posts
Back in the 1800s, I had a coach who told me to do most of my roller work in the drops. It was to get my body efficient at working in the aero position, stretched lower back, extended arms, lungs unable to fully inflate when really huffing. Don't know if it did any good, it sure wrecked my posture though...

·
Daylight Fading
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stop it. nm

Kerry Irons said:
You'll be at least 1 mph faster! :)
nmnmnmnmn

·
Daylight Fading
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·