Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

I want to participate in my local weekly time trial and am thinking of using a set of Vision Tech Mini-TT bars on my regular road bike. This may be a dumb question but is this going to be safe? I'm concerned about the extra load on the bars stressing the carbon steerer tube. Should I be concerned? Is anyone else running this type of set up?

Thanks

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,749 Posts
No problem. You just have a carbon steerer tube on your fork and you're worried about attaching aerobars to your handlebars, as I understand it? Not a problem. Carbon isn't frail. The only reason that certain manufacturers of carbon handlebars don't recommend clip on aerobars is for fear of gouging/grooving at the point of attachment creating a compromised spot in the carbon.

·
Registered
984 Posts
My Aegis has a carbon steerer tube with Oval Concepts stem, carbon bars, and carbon aero bars. This is the 7th year for the Aegis and it has gone through several different stems, bars, and aero bars over it's life but has always had one set of aero bars or another. No matter what aero bars you use, make sure the clamps are tight, but not so tight to crush the handlebars. Aluminum bars can be crushed as easily as CF so don't overtighten.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.