Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there know roughly the real weights of Velocity Aeroheads (both conventional and OCs)? I'm not after manufacturer's stated weight, but advice from a user/builder who's weighed a set or two...
Thanks in advance.

·
wheelbuilder
2,220 Posts
Armchair Spaceman said:
Anyone out there know roughly the real weights of Velocity Aeroheads (both conventional and OCs)? I'm not after manufacturer's stated weight, but advice from a user/builder who's weighed a set or two...
Thanks in advance.
The last few rims I've had (6 or so that I've weighed in the last month) in my hands have been between 412g and 420g for both standard and OC.

-Eric

·
Registered
21,831 Posts
Same numbers

Nessism said:
I bought a set late last year and the offset rim was at spec. (405 grams) but the non-offset was 458 grams.
These numbers agree with my experience (past1 yr) though there was a story circulating that they were going to replace the dies on the standard rims and that would get the weight back down closer to 400 for these rims (like the OCs). This may agree with Ergot's experience.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Kerry Irons said:
These numbers agree with my experience (past1 yr) though there was a story circulating that they were going to replace the dies on the standard rims and that would get the weight back down closer to 400 for these rims (like the OCs). This may agree with Ergot's experience.
I was dissapointed when my rims arrived and the regular Aerohead was so heavy. I guess that's the risk with mail order, you can't inspect the product until it's too late.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.