Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've made it to dump them for a Cannondale F29 (very happy with it) and the next step I'm looking at is move to a Supersix Evo or Cervelo R5 Di2. I'm now riding a Roubaix wich I'm sure is pretty much different from an Evo and an R5 or even a Tarmac,the thing is that I feel difficult to drop such a realiable and consistent brand given my biking needs. It seems to me that Specialized bikes are good at doing everything without excelling at doing something in particular,please correct me if I'm wrong.
In my case I don't race,I ride 35/50 miles rides and looking forward to have a more aggressive and stiff bike. It could be the Tarmac but I've really lost interest and motivation into buying red S stuff althoug I know it would be a safe bet. Also roads where I live are not in top conditions. Decisions,decisions,decisions,decisions.

Is this a "this bike vs that bike" topic with just a bit of make up on ? Yes it is :D

·
Registered
910 Posts
Ride some bikes and buy what feels best to you. I dont know why people get all caught up on brands. If a Tarmac (great bike) feels good to you, then it does. If it doesn't, keep trying others out till you find the right one.

·
Banned
7,744 Posts
Probably the best thing you can do to improve ride quality on rough roads is to go with wide rims 25mm or wider and 25 mm tires with substantially less tire pressure than you are accustomed to. A fair test of frame comfort would require the same wheels and tires with the same tire pressure on all of the bikes tested.
I've made it to dump them for a Cannondale F29 (very happy with it) and the next step I'm looking at is move to a Supersix Evo or Cervelo R5 Di2. I'm now riding a Roubaix wich I'm sure is pretty much different from an Evo and an R5 or even a Tarmac,the thing is that I feel difficult to drop such a realiable and consistent brand given my biking needs. It seems to me that Specialized bikes are good at doing everything without excelling at doing something in particular,please correct me if I'm wrong.
In my case I don't race,I ride 35/50 miles rides and looking forward to have a more aggressive and stiff bike. It could be the Tarmac but I've really lost interest and motivation into buying red S stuff althoug I know it would be a safe bet. Also roads where I live are not in top conditions. Decisions,decisions,decisions,decisions.

Is this a "this bike vs that bike" topic with just a bit of make up on ? Yes it is :D

·
Banned
1,460 Posts

I'm just the opposite of you. I don't have any brand loyalty. On the road bike side of things I've own; 2 Guerciotti's, 1 Medici, 1 Rossin, 1 Paramount, 1 Abici. The latest frame that I still have to build up is a Scapin. I read reviews and buy what appeals to me. I don't buy into all the marketing bs.

On the parts side I've owned Campy, ShimaNO and Sram. ShimaNO is hard to beat but not my favorite company. They remind me of HRC. Shimano and Sram are pretty close as far as overall performance. Will probably build the Scapin with Sram. Already have Shimano on the Abici and Campy on the Paramount.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.