Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes it is true, the African found his Podium Girl and popped the question on Sat evening.

She is a great girl used to do triathlons, understands the bike stuff and loves it if I go ride.

I am a happy camper.

Cheers to all

African

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
african said:
Yes it is true, the African found his Podium Girl and popped the question on Sat evening.

She is a great girl used to do triathlons, understands the bike stuff and loves it if I go ride.

I am a happy camper.

Cheers to all

African

Congrats. It's nice to find the right girl. Last night mine didn't even flinch when I rolled in a bright, shiny, new De Rosa (I didn't tell her before buying) she just gushed over the pretty paint and wondered aloud how many karats the bike was equal too.....

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
No pictures of the special podium girl???

Congrats!!! Best wishes for you and the bride to be!

·
angel of the morning
2,984 Posts
what ...... no pictures ???

african said:

I am a happy camper.

Cheers to all

African
congrats - enjoy

ciao

·
RoadBikeReview Addict
673 Posts
african said:

I am a happy camper.

Cheers to all

African
Congrats! I'm drafting you, as I'll be looking at diamonds tonight!

·
Non non normal
10,140 Posts
jtferraro said:
Congrats! I'm drafting you, as I'll be looking at diamonds tonight!
You can get a good deal on Home Shopping Network on one of those huge fake rocks and as long as she doen't get it appraised or anything she'll think you spent thousands. Take the money you saved and buy stuff you really want because after you get married you will be lucky to get permission to buy a set of used tiagra brakes. Ha Ha

Congrats to African and good luck to you JT. We want pictures.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
American girl.....

she is an American girl. Got the ring at a wholesale show for wholesale price, screw the shopping mall, they are out of their heads with the prices.

Having major problems with the computer and pop ups, I need a pop up blocker, the google toolbar is not working anymore. I have some podium pictures ready to go.....

·
Registered
133 Posts
In the pattern

teoteoteo said:
Congrats. It's nice to find the right girl. Last night mine didn't even flinch when I rolled in a bright, shiny, new De Rosa (I didn't tell her before buying) she just gushed over the pretty paint and wondered aloud how many karats the bike was equal too.....
I ordered my girl a new, proper-fitting frame last week, and went looking at diamonds and such over the weekend. I am covered on both bases right now, and she understands the riding, and is a bit jealous because my work schedule allows morning rides, where she can only get out on weekends.

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
bigrider said:
You can get a good deal on Home Shopping Network on one of those huge fake rocks and as long as she doen't get it appraised or anything she'll think you spent thousands. Take the money you saved and buy stuff you really want because after you get married you will be lucky to get permission to buy a set of used tiagra brakes. Ha Ha

Congrats to African and good luck to you JT. We want pictures.
This tactic doesn't seem to be inline with the spirit of getting married.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Marriage means you've turned "Pro"

Congrats,
I got engaged at this past NYC Marathon,
I asked the 'ol gal after she completed the race at a 3:44:03
Not bad for a 42 year old.
She said "sure"

Forming a lasting partnership with another human being is truly stepping into the Major Leauges of endeavors. Tough, but very rewarding. Like a 1 mile 17% grade.

cheers

·
Non non normal
10,140 Posts
I can't believe a guy with a Foghorn Leghorn avatar didn't pick up on my attempt at humor.

Oh well, Here is a true story. I got married on the hottest day in May one fine day and we were leaving the church parking lot and my brother was driving my piece of junk car with no air so we had the windows rolled down. Right across the street this guy is raking grass in his back yard and we pull out slowly and as we go by he says

Yooouu'lll be sorrrrrrrry! My brother, new wife and I all laughed half way to the reception.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Mzel tov.

"Forming a lasting partnership with another human being is truly stepping into the Major Leauges of endeavors. Tough, but very rewarding. Like a 1 mile 17% grade."

Hope that much of it is like the downhill side of the 17% grade.

·
go up
648 Posts
Congrats! Is she going to allow you to continue the Podium Girl Friday postings?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.