Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight
gonna grab some afternoon delight.
My motto's always been; when it's right, it's right.
Why wait until the middle of a cold dark night.
When everything's a little clearer in the light of day.
And you know the night is always gonna be there any way.

Sky rockets in flight. Afternoon delight. Afternoon delight.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Katie Casey was baseball mad,
Had the fever and had it bad.
Just to root for the home town crew,
Ev'ry sou
Katie blew.
On a Saturday her young beau
Called to see if she'd like to go
To see a show, but Miss Kate said "No,
I'll tell you what you can do:"

Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowds;
Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack,
I don't care if I never get back.
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win, it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WASHINGTON (AP) - The Atlanta Braves simply cannot win a one-run game.

Felipe Lopez's bases-loaded hit to left with no outs in the 12th lifted the Washington Nationals to a 3-2 victory over the Braves on Wednesday, dropping Atlanta to 0-9 in games decided by the slimmest possible margin.

The Braves are the first team since the 2000 Houston Astros to lose their first nine one-run games.

The Nationals, meanwhile, have their first three-game winning streak since opening the season 3-0. They fell behind 2-1 in the 12th on Mark Kotsay's RBI single off Saul Rivera (3-1), who nonetheless earned the win with two innings of relief.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
starland vocal band, wow, quite possibly the ultimate one hit wonder (they had a tv show too, right?)

so they have bike parking inside the stadium? cool

·
Registered
59 Posts
hey how bout that, just got back to richmond from the game. you guys make it look so easy to get to the stadium with your fancy "bikes." the american way to do it is to drive a giant van full of folks and park about 1.5mi away for $15. That way, you can sit in traffic on capitol for an extra 20min.

beautiful pics as usual.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
The ballpark looks nice. I will be there 6/22 until 6/25 for my directors conference. I plan on staying at the Navy Yard Marriot again. I think it is close to the stadium. I checked the schedule and it looks like interleague play so I will probably try to catch at least one game.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to add insult to injury......

gowencm said:
hey how bout that, just got back to richmond from the game. you guys make it look so easy to get to the stadium with your fancy "bikes." the american way to do it is to drive a giant van full of folks and park about 1.5mi away for $15. That way, you can sit in traffic on capitol for an extra 20min.

beautiful pics as usual.
I'll point out that the secure covered valet bike parking (inside the stadium) is free. :cool:

Go Nats! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lots of bike parking all around the stadium and lots of bikes using the racks.

I saw Serottas, Surleys, buckets of Treks and Cannondales. Even kids bikes.

I guess they hadn't heard about the bike valet.

I suspect the cleanest way to get to the stadium is on bike-the crowds coming out of Metro looked to be the second best way. If you are not quite as local as we are driving to JFK Stadium and riding over would be pretty cool-free parking, good freeway access and an easy ride.

·
Non non normal
10,103 Posts
I was almost afraid to open this thread for fear of some action shots that went along with those lyrics.

Anyway, great stuff, not the Os, but great stuff anyway.

·
Just Riding Along
1,024 Posts
Pretty cool...

Enclosed bike valet has claim stubs, places to lock your bike, places to change into street clothes and is conveniently located near the center field entrances (they must have been thinking that if you rode in on a bike, you couldn't afford anything better than outfield seats!)

Beautiful afternoon and great colors in the ballpark. Great to win in extra innings and to have come from behind!

We even have the obligatory food picture. Another complete report!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Beautiful shots, MB1. I sure love a day at a ballpark. Something about the view of the grass on the field makes all your cares float away.

It looked like you only have a rear derailleur shifter on your downtube. Are you running a 1x9 (or some other 1x gearing)?

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Oh man I miss baseball!
Lived in Bezerkely during the mid-80s when the A's were beating up on everybody. Afternoon games were the best! :D

Closest team now is the AAA Albuquerque Isotopes. :(

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Really?!? You're kidding?

theBreeze said:
...Closest team now is the AAA Albuquerque Isotopes. :(
That is a pretty non-sporting name for a ball team.

When they do well are they radioactive?:rolleyes:

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
5,930 Posts
I'm trying to convince Ejdo to go to the game tomorrow. The Nats are playing the Pirates, so I'd get to root for my hometown boys without actually going home. Don't think its gonna happen though....although the bike parking might be a way to gain some points.

Park looks good though.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a fixte and a gearie.

patrain said:
Beautiful shots, MB1. I sure love a day at a ballpark. Something about the view of the grass on the field makes all your cares float away.

It looked like you only have a rear derailleur shifter on your downtube. Are you running a 1x9 (or some other 1x gearing)?
1 speed on the fixte so on my gearie I have ALL the gears!

3 x 9

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Warning to MB1 and residents of DC:

I have had "Afternoon Delight" stuck in my head for days now.:incazzato: I find myself humming, whistling, and actually singing sections of the song at various points during my days.:14: It has pushed me over the edge. :eek:ut: I am seriously considering riding to DC to inflict some damage.:mad5: You will recognize me to be the MADMAN :crazy: swerving all over the MUT singing "Afternoon Delight" at the top of my lungs looking for MB1 to take for a ride sitting on my handlebars:arf: ... be warned...:devil:

singlecross

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lol!

singlecross said:
Warning to MB1 ... be warned...:devil:

singlecross
After posting this thread I got to thinking about it and downloaded (legally natch) the song into my I-Pod. It is not as good as I remembered but the idea is still fun.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts