Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· chaff
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started out a bit late for a 54 miler at 5:30pm. Was chased south by storm clouds fighting a strong head-on 15mph wind. Got to the Melbourne Beach dock along the Indian River and took some pix and then after all hell broke lose, the wind shifted into a 20mph cross wind for the ride back instead of the tailwind I was expecting and it started to rain. And I was the idiot riding without a front light. Anyway took these pix of my stop in Melbourne Beach and along the ride back on Tropical Trail in South Merritt Island.

link to the route: https://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/fl/cocoa/759622159079

gotta head back to that storm

there was some great lightning but i was too slow on the shutter

a bit later along Tropical Trail, view of the Pineda bridge

along the Pineda Causeway

and there she goes and I still have 20 miles to go, view from the top of the Pineda bridge

lotta sunset pix, hope you enjoyed. it was a pretty ride with a little rain.

· had it in the ear before
14,158 Posts
your seats too high

First!

I called my gf to pick me up i wasnt biking home in that storm, we had dinner at Mimi's cafe where I ate way too much bread and had 3 newcastles:( Gulp baits are on sale at sports authority tho.

· chaff
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gutfiddle said:
your seats too high

First!

I called my gf to pick me up i wasnt biking home in that storm, we had dinner at Mimi's cafe where I ate way too much bread and had 3 newcastles:( Gulp baits are on sale at sports authority tho.
saddle is just right, bike is too small. fair weather commuters suck.

· chaff
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave Hickey said:
I love pics of storm clouds over water...unless you are stuck out in it:D

Hopefully you had a safe route after dark with no headlight...
After the storm goes by the fishing is good at least. Made it home on mostly back roads and had almost an hour of twilight.

· chaff
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The bike is circa 1967, my father's old ride that I'm enjoying now. Pretty much original other than the seatpost and wheels which I switched out for clinchers. It needs an overhaul but I'll enjoy it for a while longer before I leave it just for special occasions.

· had it in the ear before
14,158 Posts
schimanski said:
An inside joke, right? It's getting old.

Someone posts a ride report and that's the first thing they seem to get as far as responses go. Wtf.

Love the paint color on the bike. A bit rusty though. Legnano? Is that french? Italian?
Italian. and i know the guy was just bustin his chops alittle, I'll quit ok?:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.