Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can EP either cervelo or bianchi I can't decide between bianchi fg lite, cervelo R3, or cervelo carbon soloist. The FG lite is super sexy and light, but it is mainly alu. I just can't decide and the only bike I have gotten a chance to try is the carbon soloist, which was very fast but I still could not make a discission. The R3's are not here yet and the FG lite is impossible to try rare around these parts. What ever bike I choose it will be a full record build with zipp 303 or zipp 404 wheels. Does anyone any input?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
outdoors-maniac said:
I can EP either cervelo or bianchi I can't decide between bianchi fg lite, cervelo R3, or cervelo carbon soloist. The FG lite is super sexy and light, but it is mainly alu. I just can't decide and the only bike I have gotten a chance to try is the carbon soloist, which was very fast but I still could not make a discission. The R3's are not here yet and the FG lite is impossible to try rare around these parts. What ever bike I choose it will be a full record build with zipp 303 or zipp 404 wheels. Does anyone any input?

Am having a similar dilema deciding between the R3 and the Look 585. I haven't ridden either but both have excellent reviews. Have already got a load of sexy pieces of carbon to put on it. I was until today completely sold on the 585 but then read a review of the R3 which has totaly thrown me. Having said all this, the R3 brings me into the £2000+ price bracket which raises the question of Colnago...

In answer to your question, surley the R3 is worth waiting for? I would not even consider a Bianchi as in the same ball park. Cervelo apparently use a far superior quality of carbon as do Look.

If only I was rich I would buy a few bikes and alternate them throughout the week...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,673 Posts
i suspect Cervelo is going to sell quite a few bikes as a result of Basso's stage 8 performance. huge bottom bracket, swagged seatstays, the r3 has tiny seatstays, very cool. ahh.... to have the funding to be in this dilemma.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cervelo/ look

guvna said:
Am having a similar dilema deciding between the R3 and the Look 585. I haven't ridden either but both have excellent reviews. Have already got a load of sexy pieces of carbon to put on it. I was until today completely sold on the 585 but then read a review of the R3 which has totaly thrown me. Having said all this, the R3 brings me into the £2000+ price bracket which raises the question of Colnago...

In answer to your question, surley the R3 is worth waiting for? I would not even consider a Bianchi as in the same ball park. Cervelo apparently use a far superior quality of carbon as do Look.

If only I was rich I would buy a few bikes and alternate them throughout the week...
I was considering a look 585 as well but I could only get the look frame at cost while I could get the bianchi and cervelo at employee price, but I think I will go with the cervelo R3 or soloist. They are just the newest and best thing out there right now.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,853 Posts
It isn't about the bike.

cmg said:
i suspect Cervelo is going to sell quite a few bikes as a result of Basso's stage 8 performance. huge bottom bracket, swagged seatstays, the r3 has tiny seatstays, very cool. ahh.... to have the funding to be in this dilemma.
The old truism still holds though; "Race on Sunday, Sell on Monday."
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top