Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking this week "off" from NCCing. I did a short 45 min spin (very easy) on the spin bike yesterday to keep the legs "loose". I was going to do another 30 min today, same thing (if I go outside I won't go as easy) but have decided to not do it. I've cleaned teh baffroom, gave the little furry dawg a bath, which she hates, and now I'm getting hungry.

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
Sometimes time off is good. I was really burnt out when I left for Belgium, but now I'm rearing to start training again. I think getting fat and out of shape sometimes the best thing you can do for your riding! :p

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea. It was planned. I hope to do a ride on Sat with a slower group and then start back hard (not kowde) on Monday. Tomorrow is the last ski outing for the season. I think.

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
estone2 said:
but now I'm rearing to start training again.

That's and interesting exercise regime you have there. :D

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
Turtleherder said:
That's and interesting exercise regime you have there. :D
Haha... no kidding! Ironically, I think it's what will get me back to racing at a high level! I had a big posting hiatus during 2008, because during the winter of 2007 I really destroyed my achilles tendon and patellar tendon. Riding all of last year hurt like hell, so I never really trained well; my LT was 280w, but I couldn't hold it for an hour because of my joints. The year before, my LT had been closer to 315w.

One of the big surprises of going off the bike is that the total hiatus has meant I no longer feel any knee or tendon pain... which means I can hopefully get back to training like an actual cyclist :D

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
I've taken most of December, January, February and now March off...

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
You spelled NNC wrong, moreon. Oh HAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11eleven!!!one!!!

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
I am ramping up this week. I had two weeks off due to a trip to Kauai and trying to catch up at work while it was freezing outside.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
bigrider said:
I am ramping up this week. I had two weeks off due to a trip to Kauai and trying to catch up at work while it was freezing outside.

Wow...life is tough, sometimes.

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
FishrCutB8 said:
Wow...life is tough, sometimes.

Well, it wasn't like I had a choice. My work sent me!!!! :D

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
estone2 said:
I think getting fat and out of shape sometimes the best thing you can do for your riding! :p
Excellent! Then I'm golden! :D

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
I only started riding again about a little over 2 weeks ago. Other than that, I've not been doing anything at all. Absolutely nothing.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
estone2 said:
Sometimes time off is good. I was really burnt out when I left for Belgium, but now I'm rearing to start training again. I think getting fat and out of shape sometimes the best thing you can do for your riding! :p
Sure, you're fat, and I'm gonna be fat. What'd you weigh now anyway?

150? OMG!!! :D

·
...?
1,481 Posts
I was all ready to ride to class today after the past 2 days have been warm-ish. Then I checked the weather and said eff it when I saw the high of 25 today. it was 60 on tuesday damnit! I dont ride any further than a couple miles to the good grocery store when its that cold.

I think I've NNC'd 6 or 7 times since mid Feb.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
bigrider said:
Well, it wasn't like I had a choice. My work sent me!!!! :D
That's simply terrible....are they hiring?

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have over 300 miles. But then, MB1 prolly has about 3 k....

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
Kram said:
I have over 300 miles. But then, MB1 prolly has about 3 k....
Hell, I'm hardly over 200mi. And I'm fat.... and WAY OoS. Most of the rest of you are kickin my a$$ already.

On the other hand, I did a club ride (including a lot of gray-beards) last weekend, one told me he's done at least one century ride each week this year. Sounds like MB1's mindset.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts