Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far just a TS but could be a CAT1 or 2 and heading this way by Tuesday morning.

Luckily I am on the East Coast. But 45-60mph are easliy expected.

I am sure glad they finished my new Hurricane Impact Windows 2 weeks ago.
Maybe I will see a bit of what these puppies can do :(.

And just when the painters are getting ready to start.:rolleyes:

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Yes, I have been watching this storm and as you and I know they have NO freaking clue where it will end up. You are further south than me so hopefully it skirts us both. Time to stock up on SPAM and Chef Boyardee.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
I'm crossing my fingers that it won't head too far west and hit the panhandle where my gramma lives.

But saddle up, boys. Hurricane season is just gettin' good started. Y'all know late aug/sept are always the "fun" months, if you wanna call 'em that.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Fun as in no electricity, playing with chainsaws, living out of a cooler, hoping you have a roof over your heads kinda fun. Oh well, weather happens.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jupiterrn said:
Fun as in no electricity, playing with chainsaws, living out of a cooler, hoping you have a roof over your heads kinda fun. Oh well, weather happens.
Yep. I went 3 weeks with out it after Andrew. Cable was out for 18 months!

2 years ago with Wilma, we had lost power for 15 days. try that with a 1 yr old kit and your Kitchen being remolded!

·
Poseur
1,677 Posts
It's too early to really tell much, but that map shows it going directly over the island I have my business, and my house off Charlotte Harbor.

·
Banned
3,254 Posts
TUT2222 said:
It's too early to really tell much, but that map shows it going directly over the island I have my business, and my house off Charlotte Harbor.
I was riding on Sanibel Captiva Rd and saw where Charly tore thru.. That was a vicious and sudden one. I'm sorry, the Gulf seems to get pounded with these storms...

Wilma hit me pretty hard here (Hollywood). I'm on the 5th floor and have a southern exposure and that thing came from an odd southwesterly direction. I was only out of power for 2 days because I have a a gigantic hotel and convention center, the Westin Diplomat, right down the street. Other than Wilma we've been very lucky here...

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
den bakker said:
And you had no problems with that in the first place?
They were going to start before this thing was even a system.

I am glad we wills start after. That would screw up the new paint!

·
hello
3,394 Posts
I miss violent weather. We have absolutely nothing weather-wise, here in So Cal. Perhaps a couple of stray thunder showers every year but that's about all.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
roadfix said:
I miss violent weather. We have absolutely nothing weather-wise, here in So Cal.
uh, you mean except for random earthquakes.

At least you can plan for a hurricane. Tornadoes, OTOH, scare the crap out of me.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
il sogno said:
Looks like a split finger fastball. Batten down the hatches and don't forget to duck!

You are referring to what we lovingly refer to as the cone of death. It basically means they have no idea where it is headed but they are pretty sure it will end up somewhere.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dade County Schools Closed Monday...

for those with little ones. I am going to have a fun Monday/Tuesday with the wife out of town :cryin:.

Sure glad for Grandparents though...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jupiterrn said:
You are referring to what we lovingly refer to as the cone of death. It basically means they have no idea where it is headed but they are pretty sure it will end up somewhere.
LMAO! Hey, they a pretty decent job letting us possibl know where it's going. It is "Mother Nature" you know and hard to predict.

Well at least my house is a fortress now with a new roof last year and now impact windows and door shutters. Even my garage door is secure as my bikes.
No more wife complaining when I use to bring them in the house.

Money well spent. A TON of money, but well spent. Now I can watch the crap flying by and my neighbors house falling apart :p.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Centuryx3 said:
I hate the weather forecasters. Too many reports, too much angst, too much drama.

They drive me crazy.

Yes you always have the idjut on the beach telling everyone to be indoors unless it is and emergency. Ummmm, Shouldn't you be indoors then idjut?:idea: Latest from www.noaa.gov shows the cone of death swinging a little more west and then curving in west of the lake. I hate fortifying the house. IT SUCKS, so I am praying it will miss us in Palm Beach all together.

·
Poseur
1,677 Posts
LOL, Jim Cantori was referred to as the "storm stud" a while back, when he wore a hat and hid his baldness. The reference was to the scud stud, for any of you younger peeps. All I could thinnk of was Marlin Perkins sending his lackeys in to actually confront the wildlife on his show.

·
Poseur
1,677 Posts
jupiterrn said:
Yes you always have the idjut on the beach telling everyone to be indoors unless it is and emergency. Ummmm, Shouldn't you be indoors then idjut?:idea: Latest from www.noaa.gov shows the cone of death swinging a little more west and then curving in west of the lake. I hate fortifying the house. IT SUCKS, so I am praying it will miss us in Palm Beach all together.
Hey, it's still hitting my office and house, gimme a break. :)

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
jupiterrn said:
Yep, we are on the edge of one now.

But my dad who is having a Pace Maker installed Monday in Ft Meyers is right there. Hopefully the wife's flight form Orlando Tuesday afternoon is not delayed.

Bt you KNOW this won't be the last. remeber last year? they got us all worked up and NOTHING came about. I guess with kids now I am a bit cautious.

In the old days this would be surfing time!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts