Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard her sing on the web. Truly the voice of an angel. I really think that the powers-that-be let one come down here just to give us a taste of what it will be like UP THERE. Aaaahhhh.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Kram59 said:
Just heard her sing on the web. Truly the voice of an angel. I really think that the powers-that-be let one come down here just to give us a taste of what it will be like UP THERE. Aaaahhhh.
I agree. She has a beautiful voice.

·
It's a Sledgehammer
538 Posts
Kram59 said:
I'll second that. Love Red Dirt Girl.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
I've never been able to get over seeing her in concert.

Kram59 said:
A nice hot summer evening-just right for the sleeveless top she wore.

And the hairiest armpits I had ever seen on a woman. :eek:

I've never been able to look at her the same way since.

NTTIAWWT

·
imbasilical moreon
1,873 Posts
il sogno said:
Emmylou's the best. :)
I dunno ... Emmy's great, I don't dissagree, but Allison Krause gives me goosebumps sometimes ... but the ones that really take me to another place are the ones from the Gael ...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Emmylou and Allison are both exceptional. I've always thought the same thing about Emmylou singing like and angel. Been a fan of hers since the late, great Gram Parsons took her under his wing. The thing about both that melts my heart is the honest emotions they bring to the table. Unlike the manufactured posturing of so many so-called artists of today, each song they sing seems to come from the heart. No insincerity whatsoever.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Agree with the Harris/Parsons connection being magic

KeithA said:
Emmylou and Allison are both exceptional. I've always thought the same thing about Emmylou singing like and angel. Been a fan of hers since the late, great Gram Parsons took her under his wing. The thing about both that melts my heart is the honest emotions they bring to the table. Unlike the manufactured posturing of so many so-called artists of today, each song they sing seems to come from the heart. No insincerity whatsoever.
Been listening to the Gram Parsons double CD GP/Grievous Angel...he and Emmylou Harris are so good together! Also like Lucinda Williams, especially the "Car Wheels on a Gravel Road" CD

·
Registered
14 Posts
Frank121 said:
Been listening to the double CD GP/Grievous Angel...they are so good together! Also like Lucinda Williams, especially the "Car Wheels on a Gravel Road" CD

I like Lucinda as well. Pity she doesn't record more often. As far as Emmylou and Gram, Love Hurts is so hauntingly beautiful.

She also does some great work with Linda Ronstadt And Dolly Parton, especially Trio. Three completely distinctive voices and personalities in perfect harmony and sans showboating and ego. A lot of the songs sound more bluegrassy like much of Allison Krause's music.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts