Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I ordered something with these loosers, and I still haven't got it, and apparently the product is still making it's way to them which was supposedly shipped to them about oh, 2 weeks ago, in that time I've ordered and gotten things from Thailand, so I'm somewhat curious where they are getting my stuff from, the moon? Perhaps pluto? Maybe they are waiting until it "falls off of a truck"? I wasted 20 min of my time today calling them for the second time, because they never answer emails, and you have to wait FOREVER on hold, the "shipping person" which I suspect is the only human being alive over there, who was calm, cool and collected, probably because he dosen't give a crap, told me for the second time, a week later than the first that it's on it's way from the moon to them, camel express I believe(personally, I'm curious how they keep the camels alive, camel suits? but that's another topic entirely), at which point they will immediatly repackage it and ship it to me, yay, by that time I'll probably be turning 40 and no longer need my product. They also kindly took my money 2 weeks ago, thanks.

Anyways, I thought I would share my inspireing story with these people/shipping person, and I'll be sure to let you guys know how it ends up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
FTF said:
So, I ordered something with these loosers, and I still haven't got it, and apparently the product is still making it's way to them which was supposedly shipped to them about oh, 2 weeks ago, in that time I've ordered and gotten things from Thailand, so I'm somewhat curious where they are getting my stuff from, the moon? Perhaps pluto? Maybe they are waiting until it "falls off of a truck"? I wasted 20 min of my time today calling them for the second time, because they never answer emails, and you have to wait FOREVER on hold, the "shipping person" which I suspect is the only human being alive over there, who was calm, cool and collected, probably because he dosen't give a crap, told me for the second time, a week later than the first that it's on it's way from the moon to them, camel express I believe(personally, I'm curious how they keep the camels alive, camel suits? but that's another topic entirely), at which point they will immediatly repackage it and ship it to me, yay, by that time I'll probably be turning 40 and no longer need my product. They also kindly took my money 2 weeks ago, thanks.

Anyways, I thought I would share my inspireing story with these people/shipping person, and I'll be sure to let you guys know how it ends up.

I am still waiting for a wheel bag from 1999. It was a promo they ran and did not have in stock yet. I stopped calling after about six months. Oh the business they have lost!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Truth Hurts said:
I am still waiting for a wheel bag from 1999. It was a promo they ran and did not have in stock yet. I stopped calling after about six months. Oh the business they have lost!!
That's inspiring.
 

·
duh...
Joined
·
9,658 Posts
Beyondbikes = aebikeS.com (not the reputable aebike.com) ---> SHADY
 

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
Joined
·
9,416 Posts
FTF said:
They also kindly took my money 2 weeks ago, thanks.

Anyways, I thought I would share my inspireing story with these people/shipping person, and I'll be sure to let you guys know how it ends up.
If they actually have charged your card for something they haven't shipped to you, that's a violation of Federal Trade Commission regulations for mail order. Believe me, professional mail-order operations are VERY aware of this rule. We sometimes hear stories of companies resorting to pre-charging, and it's usually companies that are on their last legs and don't have operating capital, or it's just an order-taking front (where they don't actually have any stock of their own, usually because they're a credit risk), and they need your money to pay for the item from their suppliers.

I doubt there's much you can do to get the regs enforced, but it might help your situation a little if you informed the shipper of the violation--perhaps under the auspices of making sure they knew, since they could be in a lot of trouble if this is a routine occurrence and it were reported to the FTC.

Best to call and cancel your order, and demand that they refund the money to your credit card. Follow up with a letter which you can also send to your credit card company as an FYI, since I'm sure they'll be VERY tardy with your refund.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FatTireFred said:
Beyondbikes = aebikeS.com (not the reputable aebike.com) ---> SHADY
I can vouch for aeBIKE.com, I actually tried ordering this from them first, and they were very very helpful and quick to let me know they didn't have it in stock and couldn't get one until feb.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bikeboy389 said:
If they actually have charged your card for something they haven't shipped to you, that's a violation of Federal Trade Commission regulations for mail order. Believe me, professional mail-order operations are VERY aware of this rule. We sometimes hear stories of companies resorting to pre-charging, and it's usually companies that are on their last legs and don't have operating capital, or it's just an order-taking front (where they don't actually have any stock of their own, usually because they're a credit risk), and they need your money to pay for the item from their suppliers.

I doubt there's much you can do to get the regs enforced, but it might help your situation a little if you informed the shipper of the violation--perhaps under the auspices of making sure they knew, since they could be in a lot of trouble if this is a routine occurrence and it were reported to the FTC.

Best to call and cancel your order, and demand that they refund the money to your credit card. Follow up with a letter which you can also send to your credit card company as an FYI, since I'm sure they'll be VERY tardy with your refund.
Thanks for that info, I'm calling them right now to demand my money back, and threatening them with reporting them to the FTC if it's not done by the end of the day, I'll be sending a certified mail letter to them tomarrow if I don't have the money.
 

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
Joined
·
9,416 Posts
FTF said:
Thanks for that info, I'm calling them right now to demand my money back, and threatening them with reporting them to the FTC if it's not done by the end of the day, I'll be sending a certified mail letter to them tomarrow if I don't have the money.
Well, I advise a calm, professional demeanor at all times--it never increases anyone's urge to help you when you get hostile.

But I think getting your bux back is the way to go at this point. Right now, it's a no-interest loan to them, and nobody would do that.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
653 Posts
Relax

You haven't lost a dime if you have a valid complaint. A reputable credit card
company or bank will always credit your account. Just complain before you
make a credit card payment.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bikeboy389 said:
Well, I advise a calm, professional demeanor at all times--it never increases anyone's urge to help you when you get hostile.

But I think getting your bux back is the way to go at this point. Right now, it's a no-interest loan to them, and nobody would do that.
Yeah, I did, and they have agreed to give me the money back etc etc. But I don't have the money back yet, of course.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Road cyclist said:
You haven't lost a dime if you have a valid complaint. A reputable credit card
company or bank will always credit your account. Just complain before you
make a credit card payment.
Yes, but it's the hassle that is frustrating, not the money, well it's kind of the money, but things that should be easy, that are made hard, argh. Dealing with people, the worst.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
FTF said:
Yes, but it's the hassle that is frustrating, not the money, well it's kind of the money, but things that should be easy, that are made hard, argh. Dealing with people, the worst.

that's the unfortunate thing, the time of the hassle is worth more than what you would have saved... this sucks, sorry to hear about bad service like this.

Strike one up for the LBS on this one.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
KonaMan said:
that's the unfortunate thing, the time of the hassle is worth more than what you would have saved... this sucks, sorry to hear about bad service like this.

Strike one up for the LBS on this one.
Yeah, I already have. At the time I could only afford to order it from them, probably should have just waited, instant gratifaction strikes again!!! :(
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top