Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am assuming these Aivee Sr5 hubs are relatively new or just not used much as I'd never heard of them prior to a week ago. I am asking about them as a set of carbon clinchers I was looking at had these hubs. Of course the guys at the shop said they are "great", but I just don't know. They are definitely competitively priced and seem pretty light also. I currently have Enve 3.4 tubulars with CK R45 hubs and love them. No issues (knock on wood) over the past 2.5 years. I like the price point and weight of the SR5s, but those are not the main criteria for me. If other hubs are better and more reliable, I'd rather go with those. Unfortunately, there's not much information out there on these hubs, besides info from the manufacturer.

If anyone has had experience with these or know something more about these, I would greatly appreciate the feedback. Thank you!

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
I googled the user manual and they take what will be easy to find bearings and don't appear to require any special tools to service. So that's good.

Buying anything from a little known French company is always a consideration though with regard to future availability of parts (except in the case you don't need to worry about bearings).

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I googled the user manual and they take what will be easy to find bearings and don't appear to require any special tools to service. So that's good.

Buying anything from a little known French company is always a consideration though with regard to future availability of parts (except in the case you don't need to worry about bearings).
Thank you Jay. Good to know about the bearings. But yeah, the uncertainty/Unknown about the Aivee hubs/company make me take a pause as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts