Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what the consensus is. Do you guys think he's clean? He's such an exciting rider to watch, it'd really be a shame if he weren't. Anyone know how much Puerto evidence there was against him?

gotta be the most pale Spanish rider in the peloton, maybe this was taken after withdrawing blood or something...

http://flickr.com/photos/david-gus/2439308556/in/set-72157604708392814/

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
BAi9302010 said:
Just wondering what the consensus is. Do you guys think he's clean? He's such an exciting rider to watch, it'd really be a shame if he weren't. Anyone know how much Puerto evidence there was against him?

gotta be the most pale Spanish rider in the peloton, maybe this was taken after withdrawing blood or something...

http://flickr.com/photos/david-gus/2439308556/in/set-72157604708392814/
you're probably aware of the blood and documentary evidence linking him to puerto, if not google valv.pti.

·
likes to eat donuts
893 Posts
but

sevencycle said:
Witch Hunt ! More interesting to guess which Hollywood Stars are true blonde's.
I don't think that being a real blonde or not in Hollywood is considered cheating.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
sevencycle said:
Witch Hunt ! More interesting to guess which Hollywood Stars are true blonde's.
in order for OP to be a witch hunt there would need to be an inquisitor...say the Spainish Judiciary perhaps. they've proven themselves less than interested in "inquiring" to this point.

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
He's probably "cleaner" than he was a couple years ago. I imagine he's been near the top of the targeted list by the ASO and UCI, and so far he hasn't been caught like Ricco and Sella (if he is indeed dirty). Plus he races a full year so he's easier to get at.

That's not to say he's not doing something shady, but maybe he's avoiding the harder core stuff around race time, which I guess makes him "cleaner."

There is little doubt that in the past he was visiting the doctor along with Basso and Ullrich.

Now where are my rose colored glasses?

·
Registered
727 Posts
One of my frames is a Pinarello so I like to follow Caisse D'Epargne, but my two comments about the team is:

1. 'Dem 2009 Princes has to be the priciest, sexiest-looking bikes never to win anything (so far).

2. Valverde has been a disappointment the last 1.5 years more than likely because he has been laying off the doping. He is under scrutiny now so you notice he tends to bonk at the end of long stages.

Valverde was a sensation as an amateur, winning almost every race he entered. Yet his first year on the pro tour he won zero races, than set the tour on fire his next season, his main claim to fame. I wonder why? Now that he is under scrutiny, he isn't winning much anymore. Pretty obvious. Only reason he got off on the Puerto affair is because he was Spain's top pro rider.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Uh.. look at his results. He won Leige and the first uphill stage of the Tour among other things this year. While nobody has been dominant this year Valvere has one of the best.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
blackhat said:
in order for OP to be a witch hunt there would need to be an inquisitor...say the Spainish Judiciary perhaps. they've proven themselves less than interested in "inquiring" to this point.
The statute underlying the OP investigation is aimed at the providers of medical services, not the recipients. If the Spanish judiciary is uninterested in investigating the victims of the crime, that seems only appropriate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.