Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,838 Posts
krindog44 said:
I will be spending a week in Alexandria Virgina the last week in July. I was hoping to do some riding down there. Are there any loops that would be easy for me to follow?

What part of Alexandria?

Mt Vernon Trail, Custis Trail, W&OD trail, 4 mile run trail. ~18 mile loop from 4 mile-mt vernon-custis-w&od.. add some more if starting further down on mt vernon.

· Registered
239 Posts
are your rigged for night riding?

krindog44 said:
I will be spending a week in Alexandria Virgina the last week in July. I was hoping to do some riding down there. Are there any loops that would be easy for me to follow?
I once rode from Germantown south along what becomes Wisconsin Avenue NW to the Lincoln Memorial at night. But, from the Reflecting Pool (right out of Forrest Gump) to the left is the Viet Nam Memorial; it was overwhelming watching all the people after midnight searching for names of loved ones on the wall. Then, riding south you can ride to the north end of the main runway at Washington National before returning to Alexandria; of course, you will reverse the direction from what I did. Also, the C&O Canal is now one of the rails to trails projects. You'll enjoy that. Then, look at a map and study a ride to Annapolis. Bicycle is the only way to appreciate Washington.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.