Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Aliante saddle in setup im having trouble getting it dialed in. Is it better setting it level nose to rear , or a more level nose with a higher rear?

·
Registered
269 Posts
spinningsf said:
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Aliante saddle in setup im having trouble getting it dialed in. Is it better setting it level nose to rear , or a more level nose with a higher rear?

Nose level to rear is what I found to work best for me; It did take me a while to arrive at that, but it's dialed in now. Good luck. :)

·
chamois creme addict
1,479 Posts
Nose up for me

spinningsf said:
When I was using the Aliante (2 years ago), I found the best setup for me was to have it slightly nose-up. When I had it level front-back I found the rear portion pushed me forward slightly and put more weight on my hands/wrists. With a slight nose-up it moved my weight back on the saddle.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I also use the Aliante. I do a lot of climbing, and like the nose tipped down a bit. This saddle takes some time to dial-in. Besides tilt, play with fore and aft position and seat height. For a while I was changing it after each ride. I finally have it where I like it. VERY COMFORTABLE for long rides.

·
Roadie with unshaven legs
2,041 Posts
If you place a spirit level across the top of my Aliante saddles and level it you will find that the front of the saddle is about a quarter of an inch below the level, about 6mm with the back of the level resting on the top of the back of the saddle. I once rode my bike with the nose of the saddle a half inch higher than this and it didn't feel wrong or anything but it looked uncomfortable so I adjusted it back down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.