Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding back into town tonight and stood up to crank over some tracks....sat back down on the other side and hear a crunch/pop noise. Couldn't stop because of traffic but 30sec later I heard the unsettling sound of metal pinging off my frame and bouncing along the pavement. At the same time the left side of the saddle just collapsed.

Finally pulled off and this is what I found......

Saddle doesn't have 2000mi on it and I'm not a huge guy (190lbs). I was left to ride the last 6mi home standing up, which is always fun at the end of a ride in a hilly area.

Will be interesting to see if Specialized decides to help me out with a replacement/warranty. In the mean time, I'm glad I hung on to my trusty Selle San Marco Regal :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had an Avatar break like that. Turns out there was a small burr on the clamp that I filed down. New bike, only about 500 mi. on it! What do you want for a $4K machine?!!! Anyway, was concerned about putting an Alias on but it's been good for about 1500 mi. so far and I'm a mild clyde (210 lbs).

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took the busted saddle into my LBS yesterday and they ordered me a new one under warranty, no questions asked. Going to check my seat clamp for any small burrs or nicks, as suggested by the product manager at Specialized too.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had a Specialized Telluride Pro seat break in the same way, but fortunately it was when I took my bike off my trainer, so no damage done to me. My LBS warranteed it, and I went with a fizik Aliante instead. No more Specialized seats for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.