Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain why AC speaks of the Black Widow as male instead of female? There has to be some deeper reason other than a glaring oversight/ignorance on AC's part.

·
p != b
2,303 Posts
bmxhacksaw said:
Do you really think that AC is that stupid?
oversight/ignorance does not necessarily equal stupidity.

obviously someone on the team that wrote the song knew what was up, since the gender is addressed properly in vp's speaking part.

I'd guess more attention was being paid to entertainment value and/or AC's alcoholism...

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
<a href="http://movieclips.com/watch/waynes-world-1992/alices-history-lesson/" style="margin: 0; padding: 1px 0 0 0; width: 560px; height: 15px; background: #1d1d1d; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 4px; -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; -moz-border-radius-bottomright: 4px; -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, Sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color: #cccccc; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; line-height: normal; display: block;" onmouseover="this.style.background='#00aeff',this.style.color='#ffffff';" onmouseout="this.style.background='#1d1d1d',this.style.color='#cccccc';">Movie Videos & Movie Scenes at MOVIECLIPS.com</a>

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Why does Alice like dating women who poison him?

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
He also seems to like sleeping with dead women

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
Actualy the spider is male, but geh...
It's now more of a role thing than anything else.

·
Done
4,509 Posts
bmxhacksaw said:
Can someone explain why AC speaks of the Black Widow as male instead of female? There has to be some deeper reason other than a glaring oversight/ignorance on AC's part.
I think that it has to do with the "story" thread that runs through "Along Came A Spider." The "Black Widow" turns out to be....Alice. Schizo + Gender Bending = Laff Riot.

Some tunes off of "Along Came A Spider" are pretty good. I like "Killed By Love."

·
Masters Neophyte
2,209 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
He also seems to like sleeping with dead women

Well, c'mon- they're cool in bed, right? :lol:

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
bmxhacksaw said:
"I'm 18" was the most popular song on the jukebox in my high school's senior lounge.

·
Done
4,509 Posts
terry b said:
"I'm 18" was the most popular song on the jukebox in my high school's senior lounge.
Trivia: John Lydon (aka "Johnny Rotten") sang along to AC's "I'm Eighteen" for his audition to join the Sex Pistols. It was playing on the jukebox.

I love the riff on "No More Mr. Nice Guy." One of my favorite songs.

I always liked "Be My Lover" - the studio version is extra cool because duriing the penultimate drum flourish before the end of the song, you can hear the drummer drop a stick. You can hear it hit stuff as it falls.

The reason that I am an Alice fan is that we share the same birthday....he's a few years older than me, however.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts