Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since my other thread got a little out of hand (in a good way I guess), I figured I'd query the brain trust here.

recently got into an argument with my roommate about schoolyard games. ok ok, I know, but what else do you do when even getting baked and watching reruns of That 70's Show has lost its appeal, and you're still not motivated to study?

so... I'm guessing at least SOME of you remember a game called slaughter, right? it's kind of a weird anarchy-goes version of dodgeball where whoever has the ball just runs around nailing people with it until everyone gets tagged or the Recess Lady gets all riled up and yells at you to cut it out. my memory gets a little hazy at this point, and I can't remember anymore specific rules, but my roommate insists this is something called (forgive the un-PC reference) 'smearthequeer'.

so am I hallucinating? I probably am. if anyone remembers this game and/or the rules, we were thinking it'd be mad fun to organize a game. we've been playing dodgeball and ultimate lately and are kind of looking for something else. I want to play bike polo but my loser friends don't all have bikes

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
I remember the none PC name for a game where the person having the ball had to run away and the group "smeered" them, which thinking about it now, was kind of the opposite of what the name suggests. NTTAWWT

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
There are a couple of variations to that game, depending on whether goths with access to firearms are playing.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope

lousylegs said:
I remember the none PC name for a game where the person having the ball had to run away and the group "smeered" them
isnt that called rugby?

where I went to school we played slaughter, which had balls, and british bulldogs which <b>didn't</b> have balls but took plenty of balls to play - it involves tackling and lots of the old ultraviolence and was banned by the Recess Lady (so we played it after hours and any chance we got, naturally). I dont think I'd play british bulldogs in an adult sized body without a full set of football pads and a release waiver.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hmmm British bulldogs

weapons grade chaos said:
where I went to school we played slaughter, which had balls, and british bulldogs which <b>didn't</b> have balls but took plenty of balls to play - it involves tackling and lots of the old ultraviolence and was banned by the Recess Lady (so we played it after hours and any chance we got, naturally). I dont think I'd play british bulldogs in an adult sized body without a full set of football pads and a release waiver.
You all joined hands and you had to charge through the line? Splintering bones and popping joints as you play!!

Ahhh good times.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
I don't know what that game is called, but I could reccomend several drinking games. Of course, a friend of mine has informed me that drinking games are the new date rape drug because biologically a female cannot handle an alcohol to mass ratio as high as a male because a male has more body water or something like that. I dunno, I still think waterfall is fun.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
I thought that was Red Rover?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you guys are pathetic

dreww said:
You all joined hands and you had to charge through the line? Splintering bones and popping joints as you play!!

Ahhh good times.
no no NO that's red rover! that's the one where you try to run at the girl you've got a crush on so you can smash into (and hopefully wind up on top of) her.

british bulldogs: only played on grassy surface or in a sand pit. 2 end zones. one IT. everyone stands in one end zone, IT stands in the middle, yells 123 BRITISH BULLDOGS and all hell breaks loose, i.e. everyone runs to the other side. IT tries to tackle someone. anyone tackled joins IT in the middle (cumulative IT, yo?). continue until tired, maimed, last man standing or some big person screams at you to quit that unholy racket. the loser (first dumbass tackled) gets run thru the paddywhack machine. serious good times.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jeez are you trying to get us killed?

paint said:
I could reccomend several drinking games.
or worse yet, kicked out of college? CU has some serious baggage with drinking games if you don't recall. only fratboys and freshmen play drinking games and I have an image to uphold.

anyhow I swore off drinking last semester. long story.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
I reckon the frat boys comment depends on what school you go to. I do recall the mess with CU, tho. But anyway, nobody can bother you about what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home. Oh, wait...

And I don't know what game yer talkin' about, so that's all I could think of to add. We play ultimate frisbee almost everyday. And if it's raining/has been raining, there's a great mud pit in the center of the field so it usually ends in mud wrasslin'. Or starts with tackle mud football. That's always fun.

I've sworn off lots of things, so I can relate. Drinkin' ain't one of 'em, but that's neither here nor there.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this is colorado we're talking about

paint said:
And if it's raining/has been raining, there's a great mud pit in the center of the field
despite that mud fights were a high point of my youth, we've got way more opportunity for snowball fights than mud rassling here. colorado involves a lot of fun outdoor pastimes but mud doesn't usually figure into them.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Well hell. Just rain on my whole damn parade.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
paint, did you put a hex on me??!!

daggone it are you some kind of voodoo mama? it rained today AND I crashed the fixie.

I hold you personally responsible for the big, nasty ulock bruise on my ass.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Well it's nice to know I have such an effect on someone's ass.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts