Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've now put 50 miles on my new ZIPP B2 Contour Carbon Handlebars

These are the lightest Flat-Top/Air-Foil bars in 26.0 clamp size that I could find. Mine cam in @ 225g for the 46CM.

I am really loving the flat tops, especially in front of the hoods. They are not as thick as the FSA, but man do they feel great!
The overall stiffness is better than my Kestrel EMS PRO and PRO SL.

I would even say the road feel is better. Absolutley almost no buzz from the road. The bar feel nice at the drops, but just a bit shorter than the Kestrel.

Best price is at www.wisecyclebuys.com

Detailed Description:
The B2 is aerodynamic with performance second to none courtesy of a perfect airfoil top section. Precise shaping results in a handle bar that achieves the normally mutually exclusive attributes of both comfort and stiffness. The B2 feels good for a lot of reasons, including ZIPP exclusive VCLC technology for superior damping of high frequency, fatigue inducing vibration. There is not a single round cross section in the entire bar. Providing comfort and control, the ovoid cross sectional hook portion of the bar is optimized for the perfect wrist angle while the aerodynamic airfoil top section elegantly hides the cables and provides a comfortable surface regardless of your hand position. Finally, the drops fill your hands with a confidence inspiring, natural feeling disproportionate inner and outer radius. You will not notice any of these refinements individually, but combined you will notice the B2 is one great bar: fast, stiff, light and comfortable.

Features and Specifications:

220g average wt. for 44cm. bar.

Sizes 42, 44 and 46cm available. Measured outside to outside. 26 and 31.8mm clamp size. (Use a 2 or 4 bolt removable face plate design. Install according to stem manufacturers torque specs.)

Size specific Advanced Optimized Ergonomic shaping throughout bar from Aero to ovoid. Continuous variable radius curvature on drops.

Force Directional for location specific stiffness and damping.

Double grooved for Shimano and Campagnolo cable systems. Cable grooves are hidden underneath the airfoil top section of the bar for increased comfort.

Big or small hands? Adjustable brake reach provided via ZIPP exclusive multiple arch, decreasing radius brake lever attachment area. Up to 20mm of adjustment in brake reach is possible.

Titanium mesh reinforcement in brake clamp area.

·
Tourist
989 Posts
50 miles... you make up your mind pretty quick - for me it takes 1000-2000 miles before I decide if I like a bike, handlebars, a set of wheels or whatever else.

Pierre

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On a bar, sure...

The differnce for a flat top bat to a round bar is very noticable and the feel is something I think most will love or hate right away!

Saddles, I can tell right away if it fits, but long term use will take 300+ miles.

Wheels, components and such at least 1000 miles to get a real good feel.

I seem to make decisions very fast on a lot of things very quickly.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Why Bother?

Being a closet weight weenie, there's no way I'd buy those bars. 200 bucks for a 225 gram bar. I bought a Performance branded aluminum bar on sale for 20 bucks and it weighed 215 grams. :)

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts