Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some jaws hit the table.

A couple of months ago I posted a thread here about a package my company was offering. I asked Coolio to delete it having realized that I really had no idea on who lurks here. And I had not decided.

Well I did decide and so on 3-January I will join the ranks of the once employed.

Nice coda I think to the assignment I've been on for these last 2 years. I'm out of here around the middle of September and I'll remotely manage as a Lame Duck until the end of December. Then it's time to hit the rocker on the front porch. But first I have to buy a rocker. :idea:

My new handle will be MB2.

·
What the what???
12,710 Posts
Congrats...I envy the extra time you'll have for riding and iPad surfing... Well done!

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Excellent Terry! I think you've made a good choice. :)

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
More time to ride all those bikes! Good for you TB!

PS

Are you ready to appoint your replacement? :ihih:

·
It's not TOO Cold!
2,498 Posts
Congrats and enjoy. Don't work too hard for the next 4 months.

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
Way cool, dude; congrats!

Knowing you, you'll get some high-zoot carbon fibre, custom geo rocking chair.

·
haole from the mainland
5,962 Posts
You lucky bastard. Congrats on taking the retirement plunge. Hope you got a nice package.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
JohnHenry said:
More time to ride all those bikes! Good for you TB!

PS

Are you ready to appoint your replacement? :ihih:
This picture is going on my office door when I leave..... :cool:

·
No hero that's understood
6,100 Posts
Awesome good for you.

Here are a couple lessons I learned when my father retired.

1.) Don't tell people you are really busy because you have to walk the dog, get the mail and take out the trash all in the same day. They will not agree.
2.) Don't continually recalculate your life expectancy and inform everyone that you don't think you'll have enough money to make it to the day you die. They will not agree.
3.) Don't begin planning and discussing the next meal right after you finished the previous. People are full and don't want to discuss this.
4.) Make sure you do something that you love to do everyday.

It took my dad a couple of years to figure out the rules, but since he has he has been very happy.

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
After all that time in China, you earned it- Dalian time counts for 3X stateside time.

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Why on earth would you retire????

Srsly....

I honestly, do not think that I will EVER be able to completely retire....might go like PRN or half time after 60, maybe do Doctors Without Borders for awhile.....but I don't think that I could ever completely retire...

Besides, I think that if I did, my wife would likely kill me....I'm too hyper.

·
Boobies!
8,163 Posts
Wait--am I being pwned again?

Oh, I see others think this version of your future may well be a true one...

All best wishes--and I'm pretty sure that retirement will be more exciting than geezing around in a rocker.

·
banned from the museum
6,622 Posts
I had a dream the other night that I was retired. I told my wife I was going for a ride, and I called her three months later from the eastern seaboard.

I'd call you a lucky bastid, but luck had nothing to do with it. Good planning, hard work, and all that. Congrats.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,265 Posts
You're really taking life by the horns. You're a veritable Minoan bull-fighter. Congratulations.

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Henry Porter said:
What the **** was that thread about this morning?

he was gaslighting your as*

1 - 20 of 92 Posts