Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dirty. Nerdy. Unemployed.
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
make me feel like a bad son.

I don't know how to start a car, not that I probably couldn't figure it out. I'm not the best at saving. I've been graduated for months and still don't have a job. Why don't girls like me? I hope my parents like me. I think my parents like me. Why doesn't the audience like me? and I a bad poet? I think I'm a bad person. Do I even like people?

Really though. As I've been looking at jobs, and pondering moving, I've wondered how much I would miss my friends. And the answer consistently comes back 'not too terribly much' This makes me feel like a bad person. I like a lot of people, I enjoy interacting with a handful of people, but is that because I actually value them, or do I just value having a warm body there with a given set of humor, mannerisms, emotional capacity and/or conversation skills?

/I need a job to give me focus and ground me somewhere, because I don't have the capacity yet to do it on my own.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Having read all that I'm betting your parents are still wishing that they'd had a daughter. Then they could post a "my daughter is awesome" thread.

BTW - both of my daughters are awesome.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
I'm quite a disappointment myself: 20 y.o., no job, made somewhat of a gamble with my college decisions, and find myself in a **** hole for degree progress (Mechanical Engineering). I might be in the damn school for like 8 years with how things are going.

Of course, I could make the excuses that the CA state education budget shafted me, cutting classes I was initially enrolled in, and then completely ruining years of course plans. Also, I commute to school (2hrs each way), so a part time job ain't happening. That one's partially my fault because I chose the school and that plan, thinking it'd be saving me money significantly (well...I kinda am).

Only things I really have going for me are: I never (currently and before) drink, smoke, get girls pregnant, gotten with a girl since high school, excessively spend on material items, went to jail, killed anybody.:thumbsup:

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
If you want to move and you can do it, do it now. Not so easy once you 1) have a job. 2) have a family.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Imho

Ventruck said:
..... I never (currently and before) drink, smoke, get girls pregnant, gotten with a girl since high school, excessively spend on material items, went to jail, killed anybody.:thumbsup:
I honestly think that your parents did an OUTSTANDING job.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
I will consider you to be a good person so long as you stay away from my daughter, who will be moving to Austin next week to begin her freshman year at UT. :)

All joking aside, you sound like every 22 year male college graduate I ever have known. If I had not gone to law school directly from college, I probably would have been in exactly the same frame of mind that you are in right now. The fact that the economy sucks and jobs are hard to find only compounds the problems inherent in your situation. I do not have any advice other than should you have the good fortune ever to meet my daughter, please treat her well or I will have teoteoteo hunt you down and . . .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts