Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Banned
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode my bike to work and back 2.5 times, 65 miles this week. I did have my wife pick me up today because I was too sore to ride home.

My legs are sore and my knee is hurting, but the beer is helping the pain. I enjoyed this minor accomplishment and feel really good about it. I'll be resting this weekend, in preparation for a full 3 times next week.

Thanks for keeping me motivated. :)

· Sticky Valentine
28,415 Posts
Nice work man. Keep it up, you'll be glad you did!

My goal for the summer: don't drive unless I absolutley have to. I'm going to try and make it three months on the 3/4 tank of gas I have in my truck right now. The semester ends in 2 1/2 weeks.

joe

· Registered
1,042 Posts
Time for me to get my rear in gear, before the Texas heat starts kicking in. My commute is 9.5 miles and starts around 1:15 PM. I figure that will give me enough time to get to work, clean up a bit and change clothes. I just have to make sure I have everything pre staged each week. The rides home after 11:00 PM, should be tolerable. I made damn sure I purchased some good lights so I don't get ran over (hopefully).

I like your idea JoeDaddio, I may shoot for doing the same thing for doing the commute. As for everything else, the places I need to go to are too far apart. Good luck!

· Registered
1,418 Posts
I've ridden to work a few times, but it's less than 5 miles each way. Hard to even get my heart rate up since it's in traffic the whole way.

But this Thursday is Ride Your Bike to Work Day in LA, so I'll be hopping on.

· Downhill Juggernaut
1,673 Posts
congrats on the accomplishment. You'll love it, and the miles you rack up will be nothing but beneficial!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.