Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some time on my hands this afternoon, so I took off the XT front der. and installed the XTR I got a few weeks back.

Cleaned things up and re wrapped the bar tape while I was at it.

No pics yet tho, sorry.

Now my Crosshairs is ENTIRELY XTR!! (except for the Mafacs, that is!) Woot!

M

· C 1/5
613 Posts
MShaw said:
Had some time on my hands this afternoon, so I took off the XT front der. and installed the XTR I got a few weeks back.

Cleaned things up and re wrapped the bar tape while I was at it.

No pics yet tho, sorry.

Now my Crosshairs is ENTIRELY XTR!! (except for the Mafacs, that is!) Woot!

M
need some pics mate.

· Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll see what I can do about the pics... The frame's still a little dirty/sandy from my last Ft Ord ride, but the main stuff is clean.

M

· Not Banned
49,249 Posts
and don't you have a custom

XTRegra rear der?
I have a short cage XTR rear just lying around. I like the XT better. wussup baby?

· Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
atpjunkie said:
XTRegra rear der?
I have a short cage XTR rear just lying around. I like the XT better. wussup baby?
Riding again! That's wassup. ~10mi ea way to work/back, with other roads around to add to the distance once I get back up to speed (so to speak)

I don't believe that the XTR is retro compatible with anything else like the XT is, but you can certainly try! (I'd LOVE to have that XTR if you wanna sell it to me! The mtn bike needs a new rear der...) It was easy to combine an Ultegra cage with the XT body if you wanna make another XTegra. You MAY need one more hand to twist and push, but that's about it.

Rode the MC to Hollister today.

Off to Hawaii tomorrow EARLY AM. Back next week.

M

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.