Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go to the Reading Racing Durea DH race every year. On my way between Trexlertown and Reading It seems like an awesome place to ride (MINUS THE TRAFFIC!). I've also been to other places down there that have the feel I'm looking for. I love the cornfields growing on both sides of the road with the old stone houses. The fast and flat roads seem like it would be awesome for a paceline. A hill climb isn't bad every now-and-then. I'm wondering if there are any actual planned centurys like that down there? Is there anywhere to get a map of one? Any info is appreciated, Aceman

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
There is a nice century in the fall called the "gap Gallop" that leaves from a community college (Northampton) in the fall. 1 serious climb (blue mountain) and lots of rollers, last 1/3 of the ride is predominantly downhill. Except for some sketchy course markings, it's a great ride. http://www.lehighwheelmen.org/events.htm

·
Banned
97 Posts
Depending on the time of year, the Berks County Bike club does the "shoe-fly classic". They start a lof of their rides in the Fleetwood and Oley, both are a few miles from the velodrome.

www.berksbicycle.com

·
Registered
598 Posts
Cue sheets?

Kram59 said:
There is a nice century in the fall called the "gap Gallop" that leaves from a community college (Northampton) in the fall. 1 serious climb (blue mountain) and lots of rollers, last 1/3 of the ride is predominantly downhill. Except for some sketchy course markings, it's a great ride. http://www.lehighwheelmen.org/events.htm
You wouldn't happen to have/know where I could find a cue sheet for this, do you? I used to ride that century in high school (early 90s), and moved back into the area. I'd love to relive that this spring, and do the actual event again in the fall.

Does it still ascend Blue Mt from the south? Doing that ascent from the other side is absolutely brutal. I don't even want to think about Smith Gap. Not in that kind of shape yet.

Brooks K.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Nope. Sorry. It does go up the easy side, though, so it's a sweet descent! (I saw 56mph on my computer.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts