Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am just starting out road cycling and bought a Specialized Allez 16 last week. It's done about 40 miles. On the last ride I was getting quite a bit of chain rub but I put it down to maybe a stretched cable or something. Today however the chain rub is in every gear combination and on examination there appears to be two stress fractures on the underside where the lower part attaches to the upper part.

Is this a common problem with cheap gear or am I entitled to getting it fixed? Alternatively any advice on getting it sorted would be much appreciated. I bought it from the cycle store in Congleton Cheshire.

With Regards,

Dean.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have contacted the store and they are looking into it as they are very busy apparently. It's a 30 minute drive so want to know what i'm dealing with before setting off.

Here's a picture of what I believe is stress fractures;

·
Registered
157 Posts
I cannot tell from that picture, but I do not remember any, of what looks like gaps, on the derailleur. And the alignment of the hinge/joint looks off. Unless you are comfortable working on your bike I'd take that to the bike shop from where you purchased.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts