Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Every little counts...
3,924 Posts
Who would have put Cadel Evans up there in this TT?

Does that shake up anyone's TdF predictions? Not too steep, longer climbs, no TTT. Should be great as there are really 10 others (besides Basso & Ullrich) who are very real contenders(but just outside of favourites).

·
Banned
42 Posts
Big Deal

Before everyone starts saying Jan is on, let's wait and see what he does when he has some "real" competition. Take out Cadel Evans and I do not think there was any rider in the GC that will do anything come July. Disco, Phonak, CSC all had their "B" teams racing.

Non the less, it was a big win for Jan, but I think he will disapoint come July.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Big Deal?

Anytime you can win the Tour de Suisse, it IS a big deal. I know he has bigger objectives, but that doesn't mean this was some chump change of an event.

He won the TT, albeit not against the best TTers in the world, soundly without taking chances in the rain.

·
Banned
42 Posts
Any professional that is a hyped as Jan should win an event that has a bunch of "B" riders. How many riders in the final 20 GC will end up in the final 20 GC in Paris?

Come on. It is like the pro who shows up at the local cat 1/2 race and laps the field.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Oh baloney. Contador, Gil, Jaksche, Gerdemann -- this is the new guard of cycling. Vino, Landis, et al. might be the A team of previous years, but they're a year older now and are 33 pushing 34 years old. They're in the twilight of their careers. Ullrich took on the young powerhouses & still won.

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,287 Posts
Bad Link said:
Before everyone starts saying Jan is on, let's wait and see what he does when he has some "real" competition. Take out Cadel Evans and I do not think there was any rider in the GC that will do anything come July. Disco, Phonak, CSC all had their "B" teams racing.

Non the less, it was a big win for Jan, but I think he will disapoint come July.
Just becuase it wasn't Landis or Basso, it's a "B" team?

Lets get them to show up to the Eindhoven TTT too! EVERY "A" list rider!

·
Banned
42 Posts
As in Gay Cruzer

Cruzer2424 said:
Just becuase it wasn't Landis or Basso, it's a "B" team?

Lets get them to show up to the Eindhoven TTT too! EVERY "A" list rider!
Hey Cruzer, I have had a chance to look at the standings. Where was:
Basso
Mancebo
Vino
Levi
Rasmusen
Landis
Pereiro
??????

VINO WILL DESTROY

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Well...

Bad Link said:
Hey Cruzer, Now that your wife is done, I have had a chance to look at the standings. Where was:
Basso
Mancebo
Vino
Levi
Rasmusen
Landis
Pereiro
??????

I will let her go back while you answer.

VINO WILL DESTROY
Basso is currently training and recovering from his win at the Giro.
Mancebo I believe raced the Dauphine, and he's not a contender anyway.
Vino, still trying to figure out how to get away with doping.
Levi: Dauphine
Rasmussen: Got shellacked earlier in the week at Suisse. Remember?
Landis: Got shellacked at the Dauphine last week.
Pereiro? You're kidding right?

Vino will or might win a stage, and that's about it. The best riders in the world aren't at every single race, nor do all of the best riders concentrate on certain events, but Ullrich, as part of his prep for le Tour decided to once again race the Tour de Suisse. It was a high quality field that rode this race. Evans finished top 10 last year in le Tour, and had a heck of TT today.

·
Banned
42 Posts
magnolialover said:
Basso is currently training and recovering from his win at the Giro.
Mancebo I believe raced the Dauphine, and he's not a contender anyway.
Vino, still trying to figure out how to get away with doping.
Levi: Dauphine
Rasmussen: Got shellacked earlier in the week at Suisse. Remember?
Landis: Got shellacked at the Dauphine last week.
Pereiro? You're kidding right?

Vino will or might win a stage, and that's about it. The best riders in the world aren't at every single race, nor do all of the best riders concentrate on certain events, but Ullrich, as part of his prep for le Tour decided to once again race the Tour de Suisse. It was a high quality field that rode this race. Evans finished top 10 last year in le Tour, and had a heck of TT today.
Vino--How still trying to figure out how to get away with doping?? Vino Fing rules. He will win hands down. F Jan, he is a hasbeen..... Wait... a never was been, Basso..may win.....if Vino does not over-do-it. Recognize fool

G

·
Looks like you've taken too many hits of crystal meth...

Bad Link said:
Vino--How still trying to figure out how to get away with doping?? Does anyone have LA's cell phone number. Vino Fuking rules. He will win hands down. Fuc Jan, he is a hasbeen..... Wait... a never was been, Basso..may win.....if Vino does not over-do-it. Recognize fool
:skep:

Dude, you need an attitude adjustment - or is troll-speak your native tongue? :incazzato:

BTW, Ulle has won the TDF, Basso never has - just to set things straight. Mind you, have no problem with Basso winning - I just think Ulle is a cool guys and I'd like to see him go out with a bang.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,941 Posts
Bad Link said:
Vino--How still trying to figure out how to get away with doping?? Does anyone have LA's cell phone number. Vino Fuking rules. He will win hands down. Fuc Jan, he is a hasbeen..... Wait... a never was been, Basso..may win.....if Vino does not over-do-it. Recognize fool
You're a idiot.

·
Banned
42 Posts
AJL said:
:skep:

Dude, you need an attitude adjustment - or is troll-speak your native tongue? :incazzato:

BTW, Ulle has won the TDF, Basso never has - just to set things straight. Mind you, have no problem with Basso winning - I just think Ulle is a cool guys and I'd like to see him go out with a bang.
Has Jan beat Basso in the past two tours? Answer that

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
Bad Link said:
Has Jan beat Basso in the past two tours? Answer that
Has Vino EVER bean Ullrich in a Tour? Hmm...nope. Do you realize Ullrich has 7 TdF podiums (including a win), a Vuelta win, World Championships, Olymbic Gold, National Championships to name a few.

Vino has...a Kazakhstan championship. High quality competition there... (yes I know he has more wins than that)

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Go Jan Go!

Great to see him win the Tour of Switzerland! Between the Giro and this most recent race, he has gotten the proper miles into the legs and looks like he'll arrive in great shape for the TDF. It looks like he also played the same tactics that he will, no doubt, employ in the Tour: Hang with most everyone in the mountains and then demoralize them in the time trials. It would be a great story if he wins.

·
Banned
42 Posts
Einstruzende said:
Has Vino EVER bean Ullrich in a Tour? Hmm...nope. Do you realize Ullrich has 7 TdF podiums (including a win), a Vuelta win, World Championships, Olymbic Gold, National Championships to name a few.

Vino has...a Kazakhstan championship. High quality competition there... (yes I know he has more wins than that)

What are you the president of the Jan fan club? A win 10 years ago and years of abuse from LA and no balls. Last year he never once showed any guts. He was content just sitting on LA's and Basso's wheels and then getting dropped on the climbs. Weather Vino beats him or not, he at least has the guts and glory to race aggressive. Look at what he did in Paris last year? He is not affraid to attack.

Jan wins a race with no real tour contendors and suddenly everyone thinks he will win in Paris this year. This book is getting old, we all know how it ends.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.