Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else see this on the Mayhem facebook page for allstate insurance?

I said Nationwide insurance...

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
Wow. I am shocked. But the question is... is that really the official Allstate account?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I can't find it on the page. Maybe the image is fake?

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
it has to be... why would they ever commit PR suicide?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is not fake, you just have to get rid of all the comments by people other than the official Mayhem posts. Then it is the second post from the top.

·
I'm interesting.
919 Posts
I'm mortified. I found the status update. It's there.

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
I will never use Allstate insurance. On top of their views against cyclists, they don't pay out claims when drivers insured by them hit you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Allstate will not be getting any of my money. Oh, and look at the wonderful comments by some of their great customers! Isn't that special.

·
Registered
165 Posts
if i worked for allstate, i'd accidentally delete the coverage of all 5,000 people who responded and forget to tell them.

it's pretty disgusting that people are that inconsiderate, or even supportive of hitting cyclists with cars. not to mention the insurance company to incite such responses.

wow

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I'm complaining to Allstate that their Facebook public figure "Mayhem", whether affiliated with Allstate or not, is encouraging violence/harassment against cyclists.

You guys should write to Allstate as well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wow, that really is in poor taste. F&%K Allstate. I just got done sending an e-mail to Allstate in addition to commenting on the mayhem fb post and Allstates fb page.

·
Banned
2,073 Posts
Like I told my Allstate agent many years back "Every time I deal with you bastards I have to wear a Kevlar chastity belt and you still screwed me through the leg opening." No more Allstate for me.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm complaining to Allstate that their Facebook public figure "Mayhem", whether affiliated with Allstate or not, is encouraging violence/harassment against cyclists.

You guys should write to Allstate as well.
I got an even more maddening form letter back!

·
Registered
165 Posts
yep. got their stock copy & paste response.

We have completed our investigation and would like to provide you a summary.

Please allow me to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Thank you for contacting Allstate about our television advertising. At Allstate, we value all the comments we receive, both positive and negative. We believe that everyone deserves an individual response and we would like to respond to your concern.

We appreciate the comments you provided about our new “Mr. Mayhem” advertising. While we try hard to create advertisements that appeal to everyone, unfortunately there are times when some people do not like our commercials. We’re sorry you found this to be the case.

We are using the “Mr. Mayhem” character to illustrate – in an “over-the-top”, humorous way – the potential dangers and threats people face every day. Mayhem is an unconventional teacher, whose objective is to get consumers to consider the protection they need. “Mr. Mayhem” is not a person, yet he personifies many of the uncertainties that Allstate helps protect people against – reminding people why they need the right insurance. Customers are at the center of everything we do, and these new ads are designed to ensure consumers are aware of the dangers and have the right insurance to be adequately protected.

Please know that we take all feedback very seriously and very much appreciate your comments. As is our practice, we are using your comments to make modifications to our commercials. Thank you so much for contacting Allstate and sharing your thoughts with us.

I’m going to close your file for now but please reply to this e-mail at your earliest convenience if you have any questions. I can be reached between the hours of 8:30 and 4:00 Eastern Standard Time.

Best Regards,

Lisa CRS135

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
This is for real.

It was posted October 6, 2011 at 8:20pm Eastern.

Go check it out, you should know what kind of sh*thole company Allstate is. This does not surprise me, they always have been crap.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts