Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
wut?
Joined
·
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OWNED.

Schumacher's lost it. He couldn't overtake the broad side of a barn.

 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
Who TF is that? Some kind of ******* hero or something? ;) Seriously...I have no clue who either of those people are.
 

·
wut?
Joined
·
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bocephus Jones II said:
Who TF is that? Some kind of ******* hero or something? ;) Seriously...I have no clue who either of those people are.
I'm talkin' about F1, not NASCAR. :rolleyes:
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
I'm talkin' about F1, not NASCAR. :rolleyes:
it's all ******** drivin cars around a track to me.
 

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
Joined
·
9,416 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
OWNED.

Schumacher's lost it. He couldn't overtake the broad side of a barn.

Schumey was all car. Now the car's not so dominant, neither is he.
 

·
wut?
Joined
·
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lousylegs said:
yes, but these are European ********, a far superior race than American ********:rolleyes:
There's only one American driver now. This weekend was his first race. He finished 13th.
 

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
Joined
·
21,050 Posts
only thing less entertaining than watching nascar or F1 on the telly is listening to it on the radio. several alabama stations were broadcasting live coverage yesrterday from something. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,720 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
There's only one American driver now. This weekend was his first race. He finished 13th.
Scott Speed only finished two places behind the more experience Luizzi, not too bad but I wish he had a car to score points.

Schumi all car??? 7 World Championships??? Maybe there is a little more than a superior rig.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,720 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
OWNED.

Schumacher's lost it. He couldn't overtake the broad side of a barn.

Just because he doesn't Juan Pablo everyone out of a race doesn't mean he can't overtake.

One bump and the CF chassis crumbles like a house of cards.
 

·
Roadies Rejoice
Joined
·
975 Posts
So the car is not so dominant, and Schumacher isn't that good either? Then how exactly did that not so dominant car and driver end up on pole?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,720 Posts
Hell, look what happened to Kimi.... (who unfortunately is easily the best driver in the world). His car wasn't even bumped and it crumbled to bits.....

If he was on any track in the 70's or 80's, or Monaco today that would have ended badly. Bahrain has really built a top notch track with plenty of runoff room, now what to do about all that sand???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,720 Posts
SteveCnj said:
So the car is not so dominant, and Schumacher isn't that good either? Then how exactly did that not so dominant car and driver end up on pole?
....uh, a low fuel load had a little to do with it....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,720 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
it's all ******** drivin cars around a track to me.
There is a significant difference between the go fast turn left crowd and the grand prix road course crowd.

Both times I went to the USGP at INDY, there seemed to be as many overseas fans as Americans. Thus making F1 racing a truly GLOBAL sport, like soccer (another sport that is underappreciated by most Americans)


ETA.... I heard a blip about NASCAR doing 3 or 4 road courses this year including Watkins Glen and Mid-Ohio.... those would definitely be worth watching.
 

·
wut?
Joined
·
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FWIW, I was joking about Shumacher not being able to overtake. I'd rather see a clean race than see guys like Montoya drive like jerks.

I don't think Schumacher is all car... He still placed at pole and finished 2nd in Bahrain. Of course, I'm sure his Ferrari still owns.

Did anyone see Alono avoid Massa when his rear end got jacked up in that turn? Their reflexes are amazing.
 

·
Roadies Rejoice
Joined
·
975 Posts
MS pitted on lap 15, FA on lap 18, MS ran at least one extra lap in final qualifying, which I think he mentioned in the press conference, MS was about .3 quicker in qualifying than FA. During the race, MS's best lap was 1:32.523 (second fastest behind NR), FA was 1:32.534 and KR was 1:32.864.

I don't see how anyone could come to any conclusions about the relative quality of each car driver package based on these actual facts. Do you know for a fact how much a two lap difference in fuel load translates to lap time advantage at that track. Is it .1 or .3? That makes quite a bit of difference in your "analysis".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,720 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
FWIW, I was joking about Shumacher not being able to overtake. I'd rather see a clean race than see guys like Montoya drive like jerks.

I don't think Schumacher is all car... He still placed at pole and finished 2nd in Bahrain. Of course, I'm sure his Ferrari still owns.

Did anyone see Alono avoid Massa when his rear end got jacked up in that turn? Their reflexes are amazing.
Can you imagine jamming the brake to go from 186mph to about 90mph pulling like 5g's diving into a turn and having the wherewithall to be checking your mirrors for a F2006 chassis swapping ends and heading directly on a collision course at the apex of the turn???? It is mind-boggling how good these guys are, and Alonzo is like 23 years old!!
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top