Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
mtor said:
Whats the regular price on these
These are amazing deal at $92 after ebay 8% bing cashback. Go for the GS-20 models with the carbon steerer tubes, at 340g they are hard to beat. Note that these (AlphaQ) were standard issue on the lynskey Ti frames. These are in the same league as the Time Safe+ forks.

V

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
valtchov said:
These are amazing deal at $92 after ebay 8% bing cashback. Go for the GS-20 models with the carbon steerer tubes, at 340g they are hard to beat. Note that these (AlphaQ) were standard issue on the lynskey Ti frames. These are in the same league as the Time Safe+ forks.

V
How do you get cashback?

·
Registered
707 Posts
mmorra said:
How do you get cashback?
You have to sign up for it, do a search on Bing for Cashback and you will find complete instructions. You much have a MS Live account, only applies to Buy-it-now and you must pay with PayPal. Other stores have other restrictions.

eBay is currently at 8% back, and Wheel and Sprocket pays instantly.

·
Registered
707 Posts
valtchov said:

V
The GS-10 is also all carbon and has a more normal profile than the GS-20 which is an Aero blade fork. As a matter of fact the GS-30 which was their light version road fork started life as a GS-10 that is weight sorted. Either way the Wheel & Sprocket deal is good as you won't find a much better fork than the TrueTemper AlphaQ GS series. It is too bad that TrueTemper is out of the fork business.

GS-20

GS-10

·
Registered
149 Posts
bought a GS20....although a tad shorter c2a, over a 1/2 pound difference in my RaceLite fork (610g)...and uncut steer tube...can't go wrong...and although I've gotten a Bing cashback on many things in the past, it didn't work for me this time using Bing/Ebay....still a great buy!

now..do I paint it white to match my bike's color scheme (red and white Lemond BA)

·
the fist
13,728 Posts
ls1togo said:
bought a GS20....although a tad shorter c2a, over a 1/2 pound difference in my RaceLite fork (610g)...and uncut steer tube...can't go wrong...and although I've gotten a Bing cashback on many things in the past, it didn't work for me this time using Bing/Ebay....still a great buy!

now..do I paint it white to match my bike's color scheme (red and white Lemond BA)
The paint may negate that weight savings.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Just so you know the GS-20 is heavier than the GS-10. The GS-20 is also 2 mm shorter than the GS-10. I just got my GS-10 today and it is the painted one not the clear-coated one like the picture above. That means it has the same finish as the GS-20 pictured above even though it is a GS-10. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason how TrueTemper finished these forks as I have black ones and clear one on my current bikes. It only weighed 327g w/ uncut steerer tube!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
WheresWaldo said:
Just so you know the GS-20 is heavier than the GS-10. The GS-20 is also 2 mm shorter than the GS-10. I just got my GS-10 today and it is the painted one not the clear-coated one like the picture above. That means it has the same finish as the GS-20 pictured above even though it is a GS-10. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason how TrueTemper finished these forks as I have black ones and clear one on my current bikes. It only weighed 327g w/ uncut steerer tube!
not worried about 20 grams...thanks though!

pictures of your bike(s) with the forks?

Chad

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.