·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
bikewriter said:
Anyone try these in the mud and muck and dust and dirt? Or should I just stick to regular ol' Eggbeaters?
Use the forum search feature. This has been hashed ad nauseum.

To boil it down ... get Crank Bros (Eggs or Candies) or ATACs. Those are the only two worth having. I think you can get a lighter set of Eggs cheaper than you can with ATACs but I might be mistaken.

·
Not Banned
49,249 Posts
agreed

get the candies. regular egg beaters are lighter but not as easy on the shins and some have a hard time 'finding them' on remounts, plus you can stand on the body of a Candy disengaged and have some control.

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
atpjunkie said:
get the candies. regular egg beaters are lighter but not as easy on the shins and some have a hard time 'finding them' on remounts, plus you can stand on the body of a Candy disengaged and have some control.
Love my Eggs. Candies are just empty calories ... :cool:

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I used the cheap egbeaters that performance is selling all last season as replacemnt for atacs I used for years, they are a nice pedal, as are the times. I found the new time design did not engage as easially as the older pedals, but maybe that's just me.

For those eggbeaters, you really do have to stay on top of the grease, you need a standard greese gun with an injector point on the end and a plastic adapter that comes with the pedals, I found mine to be stiff and gritty after just a couple weeks of use, I believe the bearings in those are crap, as are the seals. Maybe the better models use higher quality materials, wish King would build a pedal...

I saw someone selling ceramic replacement bearings for the eggbeaters, sounds like maybe a good deal.

I had no problems with shin whacking with the normal eggbeaters and found the switch from the atacs took maybe half hour to get used to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.