Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· duh...
9,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hawaii/Maui part 2:

Typical scenery along the Hana "Highway".

2 steps forward and it's a 1000-ft drop to the ocean.

About 200 yards down the hill from our bungalow in Hana.

For you lownjers.

More local flora.

Back entrance, right near Hasegawa General Store.

A different kind of riding (on Oprah's land).

Where old surfboards go to die.... fairly close to Jaws/Peahi.

Wailea sunset (other side of the island from Hana).

Wailea Beach and the growing morning crowd.

Remains of an ancient heiau (temple) near Wailuku.

One last look at the Maui mountains (Iao Valley, I think).

· Registered
2,403 Posts
Very nice Ray.
So give me a tip, I must of taken a 100 shots last month of flowing water. What do you do to capture that sense of motion like you did with your small waterfall. Mine are all freeze frames
Thanks
Scot

· Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
Scot_Gore said:
Very nice Ray.
So give me a tip, I must of taken a 100 shots last month of flowing water. What do you do to capture that sense of motion like you did with your small waterfall. Mine are all freeze frames
Thanks
Scot
You will get that with slower/longer shutter speeds. Best if you can set the camera on a rock if you don't have a tripod with you.

· getting older
290 Posts
Haven't posted in a while, but those first two pictures of Maui look like almost identical to pictures I took two weeks ago. I had to check to see if they were the same. (I also added one I took by Lahaina)

Looks like there was a little more water at the 'three little bears' waterfalls. The day we drove through was right after the first significant rainfall they had in a long while apparently. They were in some sort of "drought" for them.

We didn't bike this time, but last time I rode up and down Haleakala and around west Maui (which was one of my favorite rides).

· Registered
1,017 Posts
Summer = Kids

Summer = Kids riding.

singlecross

· Downhill Juggernaut
1,673 Posts
Almost have too many pics to post.

A few from the fancy camera, and a few from the point and shoot.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.