Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm out tomorrow for God's Waiting Room (South FL). Again, I'm sorry I will miss all of you, and wish you a pleasant stay in San Diego.

Except for Castanza-Mom Mickey-Mac. I hope you get so drunk you hurl carne asada out your schnoz (J's--take pix).

Remember these rules:
1. Relax, slow down and enjoy it here.
2. Except for Big Bill. Tighten up and retain just a bit in the sphincter, island boy.
3. The goofy looking dump across the water from downtown is where I work.
4. Extraodinary Desserts. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5. Any of the 'Berto Brothers.
6. Newbeak Coffee, Ocean Beach. Specifically, the New-B-Ken-OB sammich.
7. Sunset Grill, Ocean Beach. Specifically, the grilled mahi tacos or the calamari tacos.
8. If you must margarita, for the love of god drink nothing less than Sauza. Friends don't let friends drink Jose C. If you feel saucy, go for the Patron or Heradura Silver.
9. Nytro, Encinitas, or Hi-Tech in their new Convoy location. Yes, it's worth the trip if only to ogle $15K bicycles.
10. The zoo. J's--sunbears can lick their own eyebrows. Can you?
11. Javanican coffee in Pacific Beach. Jewel got her start there.
12. RT's Longboard Grill, Pacific Beach. Used to be a dive called Fibber McGee's. I puked there a LOT in the early 90s.
13. McP's in Coronado--skip it; it's overrated. For that matter, all of Coronado is.
14. Drink local--Stone Brewery. Ruination Ale, Arrogant [email protected], Smoked Porter.
15. As of last week, some members of Disco were training at the Olympic Training Center. You might see some of them riding around. Say hi to Big George if you see him; I did, and he said hi back.
16. Mojo Nixon. Rock 105. If your store don't got Mojo Nixon, your store could use some fixin.
17. Social D. In town, all weekend.
18. Pick up a "Reader" at any coffee shop. It's free, it features good local authors. It lists all the local shows.
19. If he's playing anywhere and you can see him, make time for Steve Poltz.
20. Pizza Port in Solana Beach (or Carlsbad). The chicken, artichoke, sun dried tomato pizza.

Enjoy and post pix.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
sn69 said:
I'm out tomorrow for God's Waiting Room (South FL). Again, I'm sorry I will miss all of you, and wish you a pleasant stay in San Diego.

Except for Castanza-Mom Mickey-Mac. I hope you get so drunk you hurl carne asada out your schnoz (J's--take pix).

Remember these rules:
2. Except for Big Bill. Tighten up and retain just a bit in the sphincter, island boy.
7. Sunset Grill, Ocean Beach. Specifically, the grilled mahi tacos or the calamari tacos.
8. If you must margarita, for the love of god drink nothing less than Sauza. Friends don't let friends drink Jose C. If you feel saucy, go for the Patron or Heradura Silver.
9. Nytro, Encinitas, or Hi-Tech in their new Convoy location. Yes, it's worth the trip if only to ogle $15K bicycles.
12. RT's Longboard Grill, Pacific Beach. Used to be a dive called Fibber McGee's. I puked there a LOT in the early 90s.
13. McP's in Coronado--skip it; it's overrated. For that matter, all of Coronado is.
14. Drink local--Stone Brewery. Ruination Ale, Arrogant [email protected], Smoked Porter.
15. As of last week, some members of Disco were training at the Olympic Training Center. You might see some of them riding around. Say hi to Big George if you see him; I did, and he said hi back.
16. Mojo Nixon. Rock 105. If your store don't got Mojo Nixon, your store could use some fixin.
18. Pick up a "Reader" at any coffee shop. It's free, it features good local authors. It lists all the local shows.
20. Pizza Port in Solana Beach (or Carlsbad). The chicken, artichoke, sun dried tomato pizza.

Enjoy and post pix.
i love pizza port. ive been there like a dozen times in my life and each time is a special memory. best pizza anywhere.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
sn69 said:

Remember these rules:

Enjoy and post pix.

I was told not to post any pictures on penalty of death. I plan on a california burrito from Adalbertos on Rosecrans my first night there even if I have to take the bus from Old Town. I know the bus and every stop between Point Loma and Old Town. Too bad you won't be here. I will be back on Feb 6th for a HM&E (hull, mechanical, and electrical) conference at Point Loma. The shipyard travel people are putting me at the BW Hacienda with a rental car. What is the chance of that? I will be back again a month later to do the Legoland/Zoo with the boy. One more time for two weeks in late June for some work at the sub base. Beats getting sent to Guam. Enjoy South Florida. BB

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just in Guam.

Not a single brown tree snake anywhere to be seen at Anderson.

I'll be in town (I think) for your Feb visit. Drop me a line at NMCI if you wanna ride--I've got two bikes, a 60cm road and a 58cm tri if you need to borrow. Or if you wanna escape shoeville at 32nd Street and/or SubBase for a bit.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
sn69 said:

I'm up for a bike shop run on Saturday afternoon....I've got a rental car so if anyone wants to go, let me know.....

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
I'm sure throwing around the name "sn69" will open a lot of doors and get a lot of special favors. VIP lounge, here we come! Oh my god, is that Lindsay Lohan???

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
I'm up for a bike shop run on Saturday afternoon....I've got a rental car so if anyone wants to go, let me know.....
If you have extra room I'd love to take a look. (tho it may be a bad idea to kick-start bike lust in all it's expensive glory ;-)

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
rwbadley said:
If you have extra room I'd love to take a look. (tho it may be a bad idea to kick-start bike lust in all it's expensive glory ;-)
Deal....We'll keep our Mastercards at the hotel :)

I'm heading to Memphis for a quick overnight trip and leave early AM Friday for California.

I'll see everyone in SD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
sn69 said:
Not a single brown tree snake anywhere to be seen at Anderson.

I'll be in town (I think) for your Feb visit. Drop me a line at NMCI if you wanna ride--I've got two bikes, a 60cm road and a 58cm tri if you need to borrow. Or if you wanna escape shoeville at 32nd Street and/or SubBase for a bit.
The conference at Point Loma is an all day thing, not worth bringing a bike or planning a ride. I arrive on the evening of the 6th, sit through meetings all day on the 7th and 8th and fly back on the morning of the 9th. I will shoot you an email. I do get to take a commuter from LAX to SD on the way there. Going back is a straight shot. The last time I flew on turboprops it involved tailhooks, arrested landings, and a cat shot later on. Better than any amusement park ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts