Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Tall Guy's post up a pic of your Bike *Nothing smaller than a 61cm please"

Out of all the bike pic pages it seems like there is a shortage of the "Larger" size bikes. I know there are fewer of us out there than there are of the 54-56cm guys but post up some pic's of your bike if it's a 61cm or larger... Stats also if you want. Height Weight, bike size, groupo etc. Lets see what some of us bigger guys ride.. Here is mine. I bought it used, not sure what year it is but it's a 61cm Scott CR1 with Full Dura ace and Kysirum ES wheels. I am 6'4-5 and 250lbs as of now...

· Registered
813 Posts
Here's a weak phone picture of my Parlee Z3 Custom on one of my local roads. I guess you can define the nominal size however you like, but it's got a 236mm head tube (plus HS stack height). The fork is an Alpha Q Z-Pro, unfortunately NLA, as it's great for big guys. I bought it used with a Chorus 10 group, but changed the cranks to Record 180s, the shifters to Chorus 11, bars to FSA K-Wing Carbon Compact, the wheels to ones I'd already built with ELF/R45 hubs and 20/28h XR-270 rims with Hutchinson Tubeless. I've since changed the saddle to a Romin SL.

· corning my own beef
5,721 Posts
custom built Roark. ST is 62+cm. Poor pic, though.

I'm 6'3", 260+ but all legs: pedal axle to seat top = 39"

· Steaming piles of opinion
10,520 Posts
63cm Can'o'ale from back in the day. I'm only 6'1" so you wouldn't think, but it's only 58.5 across the top so it works perfectly. Well, it is like a small-town hotel - no ballroom.

/It's no longer a fixie - gone back to retrogrouch 7s.

· Registered
221 Posts
Here's my refurbed Merckx (SLX tubing), S&Sed by Steve Rex. I'm 6'4", 195 with a 36" inseam, which explains why I need a little shorter reach with the stem (120mm, 90-degree). My torso is fairly normal, but I'm all leg.

· turtle killer.
1,854 Posts
fallzboater said:
Good for you. Look at guys like Hincapie, about your weight. I'm 6'-3" and can't really get below about 185 without getting sick.
Yea, I'm 6'3" and have a hard time staying below about 210 or so... and I can't post my bike cause at 58, it's not considered a tall bike :lol:

man I wish there was a standard in bike measurement...

· Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
pw1972 said:
How the heck do you guys cycle and maintain 200+ lbs of weight? 6'2 165lbs here, and no matter how much I eat, I can't ever seem to get above 170 when I cycle!

How old are you? I try to blame it on my age of 38 and the fact that I was diagnosed with had to mouth disease after I was married 15 years ago. I have gained 70lbs since being married. OUCH!!!!! I am now 250lbs and losing. I am down from 267 after buying my bike 6 weeks ago and started cycling again after 10 years off. Hoping to get to 220 or so...

· Registered
1,067 Posts
pw1972 said:
How the heck do you guys cycle and maintain 200+ lbs of weight? 6'2 165lbs here, and no matter how much I eat, I can't ever seem to get above 170 when I cycle!
lowest I have been was 175lb fresh out of bootcamp I gained 10lb in a month and was running faster, more pullups etc.

my goal weight at 6'4 is 185lb currently @ 215lb

with tall guys honestly alot depends on your "frame" you can be 6'4 and 215lb and built like a receiver or be 6'4 and 215 lb and built like michael phelps, or usain bolt, etc.

Chad

· corning my own beef
5,721 Posts
pw1972 said:
Don't assume everyone who enjoys cycling is built like a prototypical cyclist. I'm an (ex) football player who loves cycling. I haven't been below 200lb since I was maybe 17yrs old. Was pretty damned lean when I played college ball at 238lb.

When I was in my 30's I underwent medical treatment that made me very sick and everyone called me "skeletal" when my weight dropped to 218. My healthiest weight now is about 230. Of course, I'm nearly 40lb over that right now :(

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.