Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lemme get this straight.......This is now your current stable????

Excuse me while I take the elevators to the 19th floor.......I have to see if I can fly...

Sheez....

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Hey...he needs that Moots to haul the Capybara around the paddock.

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah...

Bocephus Jones II said:
Hey...he needs that Moots to haul the Capybara around the paddock.

that's true, but what if the chupacabra eats his capybara???? What then??? HMMM...???

·
abominable slowman
1,072 Posts
I guess it's okay...

Jeesh...more nice bikes than my favorite LBSs, and they're nice shops.

Not that we're taking a vote, but I'd rank either the Vanilla or the Pegoretti at the top. The Calfee is pretty sweet too. And the Kirk. And the....

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
OK, lets have a poal. Which one do you think is the best looking? Not which brand or model you like the best. Not which one rides the best or is the best bike. Purely from a visual standpoint, which one is the best looking (kinda like the Peeple magazine poal).

I'll start it out. The ninth one down in burgundy and cream. Is it the Peoretti? I can't make out the name on my pitiful screen.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
That's it for the drop bar bikes although there have been some changes. The purple Gunnar is now a fixed/SS and the Bianchi is about to become one.

I also have a Yeti ARC MTB and a Soma SS MTB. Two MTBs is enough, doncha think?

I'm glad you posted this reminder though, because I thought I was at 20 bikes and it turns out I'm at 19 - I forgot I peeled everything off my old Sampson and I was still counting it on the paper list in my work notebook.

I hate a lack of symmetry. What shall I do for #20?

I'm taking suggestions.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
I couldn't make out the labels on the 3 white ones.

what are they.

Terry if you need a # 20 order a richard sachs, that will slow your habit down.
oh and make it a cx ride as you seem to only have 1
as I see it
Nag
Nag
Nag (are they all Masters?)
Parlee
White Unknown?
Bianchi
Casati
Fondriest
Pegoretti (which model)
Pinarello
Off White?
Steel Blue (landshark?)
Strong
Calfee
Orbea
Moots
White?
New 953 Strong
Moots CX with breakaway
I dunno seems like overkill to me, how do you choose which to ride?
House?
A college education for 2 or 3 ......
a ton of books and supplies for the local low income Public School
6 cheaper road bikes (for every 2) to start a kids cycling team......

·
aka Zoo
758 Posts
atpjunkie said:
I dunno seems like overkill to me
How dear you...so rude :p Don't you know? The correct # of bikes to have is "current # +1"...so you can NEVER have too many bikes!!

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
I ride them all equally, which means nothing ever wears out.

I agree it's a lot of money, but it's my hobby and I need something to keep my head on straight. Be assured though - the local United Way isn't hurting much due to me. I keep up my end in the social responsibilty sphere too.

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well

terry b said:
That's it for the drop bar bikes although there have been some changes. The purple Gunnar is now a fixed/SS and the Bianchi is about to become one.

I also have a Yeti ARC MTB and a Soma SS MTB. Two MTBs is enough, doncha think?

I'm glad you posted this reminder though, because I thought I was at 20 bikes and it turns out I'm at 19 - I forgot I peeled everything off my old Sampson and I was still counting it on the paper list in my work notebook.

I hate a lack of symmetry. What shall I do for #20?

I'm taking suggestions.

you could try to build your own......buy a tube set..build a jig.....and build your own TerryB!!! That, or something magnesium like a Dogma.....or, and you know you are missing one classic name amongst all of those doncha........buy a merckx....an MX Leader so ATP get's all jittery inside....LOL...:thumbsup:

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Terry,
Anneli would have a heartattack if I ever had that many bicycles. Your stable is amazing. I think that PSV, phys and I should pay you a visit and help you "wear out some of them".
Pm us with your address in NM and we'll be there this summer. As for my favourite, why it's the Moots, of course :)

·
Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
Sacha-issimo !!!! The vanilla is hotter than Basso's sister! Definately a piece of rolling art work. Although,i'm kinda partial to the Geo paint too as I have it on my Dream and if you have never seen it upclose and personal, it's breath taking.

I'm definately going to get on Sacha's waiting list if I have any money left over from the Pinarello build. I've since scratched plans on going with Carl........'cause the Dogma calls!

1 - 20 of 112 Posts