Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking for a cycling computer that has an altimeter and also does output to my computer so I record the data and track my progress.

Looking online is very confusing because you can't search for just computer hookup when the item is already called a computer!

I have looked at the Sigma Rox 8 and think it hits the mark, but everywhere i look says the hook up is an optional item to order but I can't find the computer dock to buy separate assuming it does not come with it(amazon does not say if the dock comes with the rox 8)

Any suggestion on a cycling computer that does hooks up to your pc and also has a altimeter on the cheap? not really concerned with GPS functions.

thanks for any help! I did search the forum with no success.

(if you know of a place online that sells the rox 8 with the included pc dock hookup would be sweet)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Oregon Scientific has one too, and I gnabbed it off of ebay for $40. It had cadence, heart rate, altimeter, lots of memory capabilities, anal temperature readings, and distance over elevation graphs WHILE RIDING on the little watch thing. It's pretty badass, but I hate wireless computers so half of it is in a box and the other half is lost somewhere in my living area...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I picked up the Sigma Rox 9.0 from my local bike shop today, it came with the pc docking station and software. I think I could have got it online for a bit cheaper, not by much but I like the service I get from the shop and it is nice to keep my coin local.

Well worth for the folks looking for these features!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts