Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Time frame and I recently bought a Bouygues Telecom water bottle and jersey. I figure that if I bought a Quickstep bottle and jersey I could be considered a Tom Boonen wannabe, or perhaps even a Paolo Bettini wannabe. And of course, if you have aTrek and either a Disco or Postal kit, you're obviously a would-be Lance or Georgie.

But is it possible to be a Thomas Voeckler wannabe, or a Laurent Brochard wannabe? :confused: :rolleyes:

·
I'm not like anyone else
1,796 Posts
Mapei Roida said:
I have a Time frame and I recently bought a Bouygues Telecom water bottle and jersey. I figure that if I bought a Quickstep bottle and jersey I could be considered a Tom Boonen wannabe, or perhaps even a Paolo Bettini wannabe. And of course, if you have aTrek and either a Disco or Postal kit, you're obviously a would-be Lance or Georgie.

But is it possible to be a Thomas Voeckler wannabe, or a Laurent Brochard wannabe? :confused: :rolleyes:
Man... Voeckler is way kool!

The guy's got spirit, guts, heart, a smile rather than a team or a contract that says he does. Despiet that, he finished Le Tour... that is an alone accomplishment worth recognition!

I'll always cheer him on and respect who he is!

No kits for me though! I ride... whatever and the colors of "I need you to see me so you don't run over me".

Cheers! EDB

EDIT: my puter really sux!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mapei Roida said:
And of course, if you have aTrek and either a Disco or Postal kit, you're obviously a would-be Lance or Georgie.

I take exception with some of this. I have a Trek. At first I was neutral on what I wanted, checked several shops, seemed quite overpriced, and some of the clerks were pretentious. The best LBS in my area carried Trek, Candondale, etc. Trek seemed to offer the best bang, clerks were great, helpful, plus Trek is mostly American, and sure, if it's good enough for Discovery/US Postal, must be good enough for me. No regrets, great bike, no problems and service has been iron clad, which is THE key factor to me in a purchase.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies everybody. Actually, I was just trying to start the most idiotic thread of the day. I'm shocked nobody flamed me. And yes, I do dig Thomas Voeckler a bunch. One of my favorite riders. A real gamer.

·
Big is relative
11,901 Posts
Mapei Roida said:
Thanks for the replies everybody. Actually, I was just trying to start the most idiotic thread of the day. I'm shocked nobody flamed me. And yes, I do dig Thomas Voeckler a bunch. One of my favorite riders. A real gamer.
I think you would look good in a Brochard mullet. Sonya could get one too although that would be a little freaky. I wonder if you would have to put your mullet through the back strap thing on your helmet. What am I saying, I real poseur wouldn't wear a helmet, just a bandana. Post some pictures.

·
Premium Member
15,996 Posts
No, you're fine.

Check out serious European club rides, and many if not most of the riders have full team kits, the appropriate bike, etc.; it's just the thing.

Whatever.

I think anyone wearing any team kit that is NOT disco/postal in the US gets bonus points. Even if the French teams suck, I was pretty happy bout the guys I saw ride by me recently, one in a Bouygues Telecom kit, the other in F de J.

(I was also happy he DIDN'T have the FdJ WHITE SHORTS. Yikes.)

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,754 Posts
kpcw said:
When you ride, do you ride hard? Do you ride often? Do you give it yer all? Push yourself? If yes, then no, you are not a poseur, imo.
Do you care more about what other people think than about enjoying your life? If not, then no worries.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The place where I got the Buoygues jersey actually had the complete polka dot Michael Rasmussen kit for sale. Il Sogno had to physically restrain me from trying it on.

Bigbill: I'm too embarrassed to show pics...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.