Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I don't know how much Rapha stuff is rediculed here on RBR, but for some reason, I just really want one of the new tweed cycling caps they are coming out with.
Yes, they cost $55 dollars, plus whatever shipping is. Yes, they are kind of dorky and ugly, but man, for some reason, I just really want one.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
You want what you want. Why ask a bunch of people on the internet what we think? Buy it if you like it.

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
I wear that over one of JoeD's ugly a$$ shirts.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
nah...i have one of the black/white cycling caps....so, you will just be slightly cooler than me with a tweed one...and that's pretty derned cool if you ask me :thumbsup:

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,963 Posts
You're asking a bunch of leg-shaving, white-bib-short wearing, 7-legged-spider posting cyclsts on the internet about fashion? :idea:

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
Room 1201 said:
You're asking a bunch of leg-shaving, white-bib-short wearing, 7-legged-spider posting cyclsts on the internet about fashion? :idea:
so long as he ignores the advice of admitted U2 fans he should be fine

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Room 1201 said:
That cap doesn't qualify as "fashion" except among wool knicker wearing, Brooks saddle loving, full beard sporting, retro wool jersey using, former Earth Science teachers.

Maybe he's asking on the wrong forum. Oh crap, did I just describe Dave Hickey?

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,963 Posts
terry b said:
That cap doesn't qualify as "fashion" except among wool knicker wearing, Brooks saddle loving, full beard sporting, retro wool jersey using, former Earth Science teachers.

Maybe he's asking on the wrong forum. Oh crap, did I just describe Dave Hickey?
Could be worse I guess-he could be posting on forums.bentbikereview.com

·
Super Moderator
19,519 Posts
lousylegs said:
Okay, so I don't know how much Rapha stuff is rediculed here on RBR, but for some reason, I just really want one of the new tweed cycling caps they are coming out with.
Yes, they cost $55 dollars, plus whatever shipping is. Yes, they are kind of dorky and ugly, but man, for some reason, I just really want one.
Wanker? Of course not, Lousy. You wear one of those and you'll be as cool as Hollywood, the ultimate Lounge hipster.

Buy it and wear it proudly.

·
Registered
19,389 Posts
that's about...

a 4 out of 10 on the wanker scale. buy it. enjoy it. let me know if it works with the ladies.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I own numerous tweed caps, collected from travels all over. I don't have any cycling-specific hats though, which is odd since I have more hats than all of the Village People combined. Hell, this week I've worn a trilby, a fedora and probably half a dozen different caps in wool, tweed and linen! When it comes to hats, you've just got to go with your gut. I like those caps, and $55 is not a bad price for a good hat. If I see those for sale around here I just might pick one up.

I approve!:thumbsup:

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
I love Rapha stuff. I have the "winter" gloves and can't wait for spring for the "summer" gloves to come back out. But you're still a wanker. HTH

///OMG, they're out!

·
Eddy 53:11
3,165 Posts
Man, check-out teh Tweed Softshell Jacket $750! WTF? Makes the cap look like a steal.

·
Banned
7,071 Posts

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Creakyknees said:
I saw Robin Williams in Mellow Johnny's buying one of those. So it's definitely cool.

The day before i had a really funny exchange with robin over the tweed ride, he seemed to think it should have been called the wet sack ride...

Fwiw Lousy several other companies make these, none are cheap per se but they arent Rspha cost. PM me if youd like, we typically have a good amount of these

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
I'll keep it simple.

Yes!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.